cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed for two weeks after i have left

ijamil

Being billed for two weeks after i have left

Hello,

Plusnet informed me my new provider is taking over my service on 15 june.  My contract ended on 2 june, and i was wondering why i have been sent a bill including charges up to 3rd of july?  You were given the two weeks notice at the end of May.

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Being billed for two weeks after i have left

Although you currently have a migration in place, a standard monthly invoice would be generated as normal and then once the service has migrated away we will issue a refund for the time that the service was not with us during that billing period.

If we were to generate a one-off invoice only covering up to the day the service is expected to leave us, but then the service ended up remaining with us for whatever reason (new provider experienced problems with the orders or if you changed your mind and cancelled with the new provider etc.) then this would cause billing moving forward to be misaligned.

Providing the migration away goes as expected, you'll get a refund for the difference you've mentioned.

I hope that clears things up Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ijamil

Thanks for explaining.  Then who will I have to beg for a refund?  Will I have to come on here again or will I get it automatically? 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It should be picked up and issued by our billing team shortly after the services migrate away, however feel free to give us a nudge on the forums once the service has migrated away and we can look in to that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet