cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed after leaving Plus Net

Clockity
Hooked

Being billed after leaving Plus Net

I'm a little frustrated now. My 18 month fibre-unlimited contract came to an end on the 18th September, so I arranged for my new provider to take over on the 19th September. The migration went perfectly, the phone line swapped overnight and the Plus Net router lost connection and the new provider's router was plugged in and I was back on the internet.

Leaving Plus Net was down to two issues.

1. The contract coming to an end and the rates going up.
  2. A support ticket (192863838) for line speed being unresolved since August. The download and upload speed fluctuate with frequent disconnects. This has two emails saying I could leave early with no early cancellation fee.

Since leaving, Plus Net have generated a bill for a service they no longer provide or £39.99 for line rental and broadband for 19/09/2019 - 18/10/2019). Despite when I log on to the account it saying it is closed.

I have received emails saying my account has closed and I no longer have Plus Net Protect coverage. I phoned Plus Net on the 19th asking why a bill has been generated and querying why Plus Net are again billing customers who have left them after their Ofcom fine for doing the same in 2018. I was told that they would resolve it but it could take a few days to remove.

Since then I have gotten emails and text messages saying I have a bill that needs paying and my service will be restricted, a non-existent service. I then had an online chat on the 24th where I went through the same process of explaining what has happened and asked for account to be closed properly. This time Support told me just to ignore the bill reminders, but they keep coming.

Please can someone from Support just close my account properly. It is frustrating that Plus Net seem to be billing ex-customers again and again. I hope Plus Net will not be sending out debt collectors for non-existent service again

5 REPLIES 5
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Being billed after leaving Plus Net

Hi @Clockity

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

We have had a few accounts like this with a similar issue. However, there is no physical bill but just an automated message that gets sent out. 

As you have been advised it would take a few days to get the notifications stopped please come back to us after the advised time frame and we will be more than happy to investigate this issue for you. 

Kind Regards

Clockity
Hooked

Hi @OllieC ,

Thank you for your reply. It has been another week, with more text and email messages telling me I owe Plus Net for a service they no longer provide. Today's email says my broadband and phone have been restricted (even though you no longer provide it) and the amount I "owe" is now £53.24 instead of £39.99. 

Can someone at Plus Net take ownership of this and wipe the non-existent bill and stop sending me emails and text messages about it before it goes any further to a debt collection agency.

Thank you

Aaron

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Clockity,

Thanks for raising this to us and I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I've picked this up to monitor personally and I've raised a response via the account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Clockity
Hooked

Hi @TheMightyAJ ,

Thank you for raising a ticket and I look forward to it being cleared up soon.

Thanks

Aaron

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Not to worry @Clockity, as I say I'll be back in touch once I have a further update. If you have any queries in the meantime then please don't hesitate to let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team