cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been robbed by Plussnet

zwitterelf
Rising Star

Been robbed by Plussnet

Been robbed by my Plussnet.. I paid the bill with the credit card... but they still direct debit money out of my bank !!! and they kicked it into overdraft... I am cheesed off, as i only get money in my bank on monday.
What do i do.. i have to get the overdraft sorted...

They then took off a direct debit... i told them not to do it else it would kick my bank in overdraft...
dick:green Detailed personal information removed from a public forum to a private area for PN staff.
16 REPLIES 16
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Been robbed by Plussnet

Following our conversation on Twitter this morning, I've done a bit more digging on the account and found record of the second payment being requested.
It looks like the direct debit payment started processing around the same time as you made the card payment and from what I can see it just happened to slip through as they were so close together.
I've made a note of your account and I'll be checking on this as soon I'm in on Monday.
Really sorry for the inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're publishing a lot of personal information there, I suggest you remove these images or maybe a Moderator can relocate them to the hidden area.
zwitterelf
Rising Star

Quote from: HarryB
Following our conversation on Twitter this morning, I've done a bit more digging on the account and found record of the second payment being requested.
It looks like the direct debit payment started processing around the same time as you made the card payment and from what I can see it just happened to slip through as they were so close together.
I've made a note of your account and I'll be checking on this as soon I'm in on Monday.
Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you , I would be going a call on Mondey once the money is out of limbo. , thank you...  apology accepted.
zwitterelf
Rising Star

Quote from: Mook
You're publishing a lot of personal information there, I suggest you remove these images or maybe a Moderator can relocate them to the hidden area.

How ? the snapshots have been edited , and how am I supposed to provide evidence to support myself ?
NedLudd
Grafter

In a PM?
Geoff,
York.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I didn't see the "edited" snapshots, but as a general rule you should obscure/redact most of your username, all of your password, your address apart from maybe the town, your phone number apart from maybe STD code, part service ID, part invoice numbers, bank account name/details etc. If the snapshots are screen grabs from your Plusnet account, they can see your account and match up your snapshots even with obscured details.
If your card payment was before midnight on the day before the notification email about the amount to be debited from your account, you be justified in getting the bank to bounce the DD payment IMHO, otherwise I suspect you are at the goodwill of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: zwitterelf
How ? the snapshots have been edited , and how am I supposed to provide evidence to support myself ?

I saw the original post, and what it contained, who you bank with, who you pay money to and get money from, where you shop, who you bank with etc all from the two minutes it took me to read the post. All of that is your business, not mine nor anyone's on the forum, heck not even Plusnets.
You should have made the post and if needed provided any required evidence via a PM as suggested.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Images can't be attached to a PM; so either they have to be uploaded elsewhere and a link provided, or wait for staff to open a ticket and attach them to that.
David
Anotherone
Champion

Uploading them elsewhere could also be very risky, so waiting for a staffer to open a ticket and uploading them there would be safest.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As strat moved the images to a hidden board they are available for staff
mkpike
Dabbler

At least you got a response ....  I have given up on PlusNet - they clearly do not worry about £8 odd ..... and I am not paying them £27 so I can get a £19 refund after a load of grief.
I closed my account on the 19th August and they want me to pay into September so I can get a refund???????? Is this really the computer age?
Or I can telephone from my new provider and pay a collosal amount of money for a phone call that is on hold. And then I would have to trust they only take £8 from my card - not likely!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@zwitterelf - I understand you've given us a call this morning and a refund has been issued for one of the payments.
It also looks like your direct debit instruction may have been cancelled, so if you'd like to make payments via direct debit moving forward, you'd need to set this up again. You should be able to do this online Here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: mkpike
Or I can telephone from my new provider and pay a collosal amount of money for a phone call that is on hold. And then I would have to trust they only take £8 from my card - not likely!

You've lost me there - ring Plusnet on 0800-432-0200 that's a free call, even from all mobiles these days, so it's not going to be any money, never mind colossal! If you do owe them money, I would deal with it quickly, they can be quite nasty with the legal threats.
zwitterelf
Rising Star

Quote from: HarryB
@zwitterelf - I understand you've given us a call this morning and a refund has been issued for one of the payments.
It also looks like your direct debit instruction may have been cancelled, so if you'd like to make payments via direct debit moving forward, you'd need to set this up again. You should be able to do this online Here.

Thank you, I feel relived that all this is over and sorted . Thank you very much,  much love,
Namste