Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been "restricted" for a while, even though balance is £0

WendyJ
Hooked

Been "restricted" for a while, even though balance is £0

Hello,

I recently started paying my bill through Direct Debit a few months ago and since then my online Plusnet broadband account is flagged stating...

Your services have been restricted

I have been restricted before when I've been unable to pay my bill on time, yet I don't know why the restriction is still active, when that hasn't happened in a little while. I'm having trouble maintaining my online account as I keep getting redirected to the billing page even though my balance is £0 (see attached image restriction.png) I think I'm getting my rated speeds (well now anyway) of around 40Mbps (see attached image fast,com.png)  according to fast.com. Although my rated speeds on my account page is now saying between "6 - 7Mbps" (see attached image plusnet rated speeds.png). So I'm not entirely sure what's going on but it is becoming an issue now. 

Plusnet please help sort this issue, Thanks. 

25 REPLIES 25
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Been "restricted" for a while, even though balance is £0

Hi there @WendyJ I'm really sorry that there's been an issue with restrictions on your account and that speeds aren't where they should be, I'll make sure we get both sorted out. 

I've checked over your account and there are no restrictions in place at all, could you make sure you've deleted the cookies and temporary internet files from your browser before trying again?

Regarding connection speeds, line tests are reflecting the speeds you've been seeing but don't reveal any obvious causes, could you try following the checks here as your next step please? https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrmcc76
Hooked

Hello, i'm having the same problem with the services are restricted message, it appears on any browser i use, i've cleared the cookies etc.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

We're aware of a problem with this affecting a number of accounts, which we've logged as an incident (internal ref: IMT- 7628). I can't tell you when it'll be fixed, but I can say that this is just a website display issue and you should be able to manage your account normally as there are no actual restrictions on your account our side.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrmcc76
Hooked

Hi i'm still getting the same error message, only now it wont let me change anything on my account, for example i was looking to see what call packages where available but it wont let me as it says i need to make a payment etc, my balance is 0, 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mrmcc76,

I am very sorry to hear that you've not been able to change the call packages online. If you're interested in changing your plan and have questions about what the plans offer then I'd be happy to assist Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ieatlegobricks
Dabbler

ive had this issue for months now, and cant do anthing on my account due to the restrictions.Would be nice to see how much it would be to upgrade to full fibre in my account.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@ieatlegobricks Unfortunately, this is an ongoing issue  for anyone who re-contracts/makes a change to their services - even though the change is actioned, the broken accounting system fails to recognise this and doesn't remove the original - valid - block.

Hopefully,one of the Help Team will spot this and manually correct the error. If not, try ringing in, but be prepared for a long wait, or the chance that you get an agent who is not aware of this, and therefore 'unable' to correct it.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ieatlegobricks,

I'm really sorry that this error is stopping you from making changes.

Can I arrange for one of my colleagues to call you back to have a chat about what we can offer you for full fibre?

If needed we can create a new account for you to get around the issue. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf Surely the 'new account' route shouldn't be necessary if the accounts system is working as it used to?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jab1, there is a problem affecting a small number of accounts where they're seeing a restricted error. It's logged under ref IMT-7628 and we don't have a fix so all we can currently do is workaround the issue by creating a new account. Unfortunately I can't do anything to influence this problem or change the way our systems work. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf I was not getting at you, I know you do your best. However, I have noticed somewhat more than a 'few' of these issues, coinciding, if my memory serves, with the 'new, improved' accounting system (of some age, now). Surely a company of Plusnets size employs computer-literate programmers?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jab1, No worries, due to the way our systems work it's not an easy fix so the investigation's taking a while. Additionally there are other things the same team's working on, which are of greater priorities, especially as there's a workaround for this particular issue and genuinely does seem like a very small number of accounts affected.  

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ieatlegobricks
Dabbler

i would like to see what prices are on my account before i get any 'offers' over the phone. What worries me is this issue was raised 4 months ago and there still isnt a fix in place for it. i have already contacted plusnet over the phone and was told they would get back to me, which never happens with any issue i have raised. 

ieatlegobricks
Dabbler

Probably why i havent had a call or email back yet, could of at least let me know they were unable to fix it. seems like this issue was raised a while ago and there still no interested in fixing it