cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been over charged for this month's bill

MD780983

Been over charged for this month's bill

My bill every month is the same £22 since i have been with you accept this month's bill? You was wanting more than £22 & i have no idea why.
I have paid the £22 for this month & now I've been told i have limited access to the Internet.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Been over charged for this month's bill

@MD780983  Welcome to the forum.

Your contract presumably includes the CPI +3.9% clause, see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/

As you pay for your Internet access a month in advance there will be a pro rata increase in this months bill with the 9.4% increase from the 1st March.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@MD780983 

I do not  think any increase in this month's bill in February is anything to do with the annual price increase as @Baldrick1  suggests.

The increase applies from  31 March. The email I got about the increase includes this link

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/2022-pricing-changes-faq/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_co...

and that implies that the increase will apply  to the first bill after that date and that bill will include an element to pay for the increase from 1 April to the bill date as well as the full month increase. See the para. entitled "How does pro rata billing work for the price changes?"

Therefore you should not see any increase resulting from the annual price increase in your monthly bill before your April bill .

You need Plusnet to explain the increase in your recent bill.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

OK I admit it, I am totally confused. Still being on a fixed price contract it currently doesn’t apply to me. There are two linked Plusnet documents in the string, One suggests the 1st March, the other the 31#t!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Typical Plusnet - clear as mud! However, both my email and the link referenced in the email say 31 March but we shall see what happens once my March bill appears. 

In any case there should be no increases in @MD780983 February bill due to this increase (as confirmed by my February bill which was unaffected).

Maybe Plusnet would care to comment on the conflicting dates quoted for the increase in different Plusnet documents and how they intend to apply these without disadvantaging customers.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@MD780983 

Have you a calls package perhaps? We have unlimited calls for £8 odd per month with extra charge if any one call exceeds 60 minutes. When the steam stopped coming out of my ears at the £5.80 additional charge on our latest bill I looked at the detail and found my dear wife had enjoyed a particularly absorbing chat with her chum and "hadn't noticed the time passing by"  Sad