cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been charged the wrong amount?

Beachy73

Been charged the wrong amount?

Hi, I am meant to be paying £18.99 a month for unlimited broadband. The first payment was the correct amount, but have just got the bill for this month at it is £20.15. I understand that it is not much extra but I am confused as I thought I should only be paying the contracted amount a month.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Been charged the wrong amount?

@Beachy73 Looks like you have been charged about right - when did you take out the contract, because all those after a certain date, which I can't remember, are subject to an RPI+3.9% increase from June.

John
Beachy73

Just looking back through my emails it appears that I started the contract on the 9th of June. Any ideas if this would have then been affected by this increase or if it shouldn't have?

Thanks for the reply.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Yup - you are liable for it, and it is mentioned in your contract notification, as far as I know. I can't confirm that, as my Fixed Price contract was taken out two years ago (nearly) and I have now left PN.

John
Beachy73

Okay, thanks for explaining. I must've somehow overlooked this when originally taking out the contract. As I said, it's hardly any extra, but thanks for clarifying to help with my confusion.