cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank account being debited £17.49 a month for service despite transferring to BT months ago

annod

Bank account being debited £17.49 a month for service despite transferring to BT months ago

Hi Plusnet is still taking £17.49 a month from my account, the last in September was reference PNET2916858-1 despite having moved my account to BT back in May!  I've tried ringing Plusnet several times but each time I ring the message says the wait time is 30 minutes.  I haven't got time to hang on the phone for so long.  Really disappointed with the customer service.  I joined Plusnet because that was supposed to be good. There is no other way on the site, i.e. an email address to get in touch with them, and the online chat is not working from Internet Edge.  Does anyone know how I can contact Plusnet to get this sorted.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Bank account being debited £17.49 a month for service despite transferring to BT months ago

If this is direct debit you have Bank regs on DD's that'll protect you. Pursue with your bank, and also

cancel this direct debit authority via on line banking; do it today.

action.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Bank account being debited £17.49 a month for service despite transferring to BT months ago

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear we've billed you for a service after leaving us. I've arranged for a refund to be sent to your via your direct debit now and I've also completed the cancellation of your account with immediate effect.

More info can be found in this ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=159967809 on your account.

I hope this helps. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet