cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Current Account "Seamless" Transfer = Charge from Plusnet

WhereInSussex
Dabbler

Bank Current Account "Seamless" Transfer = Charge from Plusnet

I used the current account transfer service to move accounts between banks. This allows "seamless" transfer between accounts, with all Direct Debits being transferred between accounts and the DD holding companies being told the new details, but it doesn't matter if old details are used for up to three years.
That is, except, Plusnet, who, upon being given the new details, have set up a new Direct Debit with the new bank, but decided to take money using a debit card.
Sequence of events:
e-mail from Plusnet on Monday 10th saying "up to 5 working days to set up new details (irrelevant, as diversion makes it seamless) but this would make it Friday 14th.
Sunday 16th Bill issued
Wednesday 19th Money taken from Debit Card, on the 8th working day after the e-mail saying it could take a maximum of 5 working days to set up. Penalty applied by Plusnet for non-DD payment.
This happened previously, when I changed account numbers within the same bank, so nothing has changed; Plusnet are obviously profiteering from this; as there is no way it costs an automated system £1.50 to process  a debit card.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Current Account "Seamless" Transfer = Charge from Plusnet

I have been a 'victim' of the DD not being migrated correctly by Plusnet http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142258.msg1258118.html
I don't have a card tied to my account so had to call in to pay, but as far as I can see no real harm was done, only a mild inconvenience. My other line is due soon so I expect that to go through on DD without issue.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regrettably it is all down to the Plusnet rubbish system and the answer you will get (if you get one at all) is that "We are presently working towards a new system which will solve the problem" which is the same answer we have been getting for several years and they are apparently  no further forward
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

with all Direct Debits being transferred between accounts and the DD holding companies being told the new details, but it doesn't matter if old details are used for up to three years.
The PlusNet system seems incapable of retaining the old DD details whilst the new one is being set up ::). This means that whilst waiting for the new one to be active ( and why it takes PN quite so long is another question  Roll_eyes ) they can't use the old one as the transfer service allows. The good news is that when the CRT staff see this they should arrange for the refund of the card payment surcharge since it was their fault not using the old DD details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  WhereInSussex,
We're not profiteering.
Unfortunately our billing system requires our direct debit to be cancelled and a new one set up with us.
As yours cancelled off the billing reverted to use the card by default.
I'll get the £1.50 refunded.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just as an aside I migrated from T-Mobile to EE (same company)
I had to set up a new DD with EE...which they failed to implement the first month.
I now have 2 EE DDs on my current account, one live and the other dormant Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Oldjim
Regrettably it is all down to the Plusnet rubbish system and the answer you will get (if you get one at all) is that "We are presently working towards a new system which will solve the problem" which is the same answer we have been getting for several years and they are apparently  no further forward

I did hear that it was nearly complete - just needs an update on the Quill pen based cheque writer.  Grin Grin
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.