cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW engineer phone calls on visit

zpeterk
Grafter

BTW engineer phone calls on visit

I had a BTW fitter visit to look at a fault on my broadband on the 12th of September. I was just looking at my phone bill from the post office and surprised to see four phone calls on my bill as I don't even have phone plugged in on my line to a total of £2.24 on the 12/9 in the afternoon when the BTW man was here, is this normal practice?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: BTW engineer phone calls on visit

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@zpeterk 

Apparently they do that to check that the phone line works. I requested a refund and got it when it happened to me.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

In the past I've seen people complain of calls to 123 to test the line, which charges 50p per call, during engineer visits (Although they shouldn't do this either considering 17070 is free to call and has test options for them...)

If this was an engineer booked through us we should be able to raise this as a complaint with our suppliers for you, however you can also report it directly to Openreach

In regards to the charges, it doesn't sound like these were a couple of calls to 123 as they have often been in the past and as we're not the phone provider it wouldn't be as easy for us to review this and refund back to you should it be clear that this was related to the engineer visit, however I'm sure a member of our help team will review this (and possibly ask you to PM them some proof of the charges) further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
zpeterk
Grafter

The number called was 0330 1232123 four times total cost £2.24 plus vat

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Morning @zpeterk As @HarryB has indicated, could you send me a PM with a copy of the bill showing your address, the date and the cost of the call and the number it was to? A screenshot or photo should suffice. Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet