cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT-plusnet changeover not looking smooth.advice needed.

galaxy66
Grafter

BT-plusnet changeover not looking smooth.advice needed.

Hi, after being with BT for many years I signed up for Plusnet,  I asked the Plusnet representative if I needed to inform BT of leaving them and I was told I did not need to do anything.
My broadband started with Plusnet on the 4th of this month and was told the changeover for the landline was on the 18th.
Now I receive two generated emails from Bt at the same time this morning, one informing me my BB  service and anytime calls ad-on is to be stopped on the 15th and another confirming an order with them!!
First email titled "Stopping your service"
Your service is stopping. This may be because your line's being disconnected, you're moving to a different provider, or there's a terms of service issue.
These services will stop on 15 Oct 2011:
Broadband
And these services will also stop:
    Anytime calls add-on
You might need to return some BT kit. If so, we'll send you a returns bag soon.

Second email and the one that concerns me most....titled "Order activation"
Good news

Your account number is:
Your order number is:
Your phone service is ready for you.
Things you need to know
Phone Icon Your phone
Your home phone number is: *********
You can start using your phone any time. Please note that any calling features you may have ordered may not work for 24 hours.
What's next?
You can track your order, including any equipment you're expecting, at www.bt.com/ordertracking (you'll need order number ********** [color=black] (nothing is showing at the moment)

Find out lots more at www.bt.com/mybt
If you've also ordered BT Total Broadband or BT Vision, please don't plug in your Hub or Vision+ box until we let you know you can do this. If you're expecting an engineer, they'll do it all for you. [/color=blue]
The reason I have left BT is because of the many hours I have spent on the phone to their shockingly useless call centre in Asia to sort out a billing issue when my last contract started and also when my phone/BB line has been down.... the last thing I need just  just now is go through all that again!!.

Seeing as I was given the assurance  by Plusnet when placing the order I needed to do nothing I am a bit disappointed this is not running smoothly, shall I cancel my direct debit account with BT immediately before they start billing me for line rental etc. ? sigh! here we go again!
3 REPLIES 3
galaxy66
Grafter

Re: BT-plusnet changeover not looking smooth.advice needed.

Just to add, my 12 month contract was ending at the time I Placed my order with Plusnet...and yes i know Plusnet are owned by BT Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont know about the second e-mail, but the first seems to be OK,  they are usually good and refund any upfront payments you have made,
there are not normally any  PN staff on the forum over the weekend.
But the Sheffield based call centre is open 24/7, might be a good thing to phone them
Residential Sales
0800 432 0200
(option 3)
07:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 21:00 Saturday and Sunday
Have your payment details handy to place an order
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi galaxy66,
You should not need to contact them. I've no idea what the 2nd email relates to. Unfortunately, I think the only way you're going to find out is to call them.
Jojo Smiley