cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT engineer confirmed no internal fault but £65 charge applied.

FIXED
Maggi28

BT engineer confirmed no internal fault but £65 charge applied.

Hello.

Looking for some advise on how possibly we could be charged for a call out to fix my broadband after open-reach engineer admitted there has been no internal fault found?  The problem was  with very slow 0,5 Mbps or less speeds   sometimes dropping connection  for hours and sometimes working as normal all that lasted couple of weeks and was getting worse and worse. 

After a visit engineer tested the connection but could not find any problem. What he did was moving the master socket and checking connection on the pole, luckily that fixed the problem and we had no related problem since. We were aware of £65 fee and we had a chat with engineer that we will not have to pay it. Surprisingly after 2 months we received letter saying that charge will be applied. Anyone experienced  similar issue ?  

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: BT engineer confirmed no internal fault but £65 charge applied.

@Maggi28  Welcome to the forum.

It would appear that the engineer reported something different and or there has been a screw up. Plusnet will need to see the engineers notes to determine which is the case here.

If a Plusnet staffer does not pick this post up promptly I suggest that you raise a formal complaint, see  https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

When I had something wrong the engineer reported no fault at all, but Plusnet had already acknowledged that there was a fault. The second engineer was spot on and as I thought, the problem was with the street box connection. My sister is now going through the same. Do engineers get a bonus from any callout fee actually charged ?

Maggi28

Engineers note 

Reason for Charge: Customer Equipment
Ticket reference: 203401243

Summary:
The engineer that attended has provided us with notes from this visit, they have informed us that the fault you were experiencing was caused by your equipment. The engineer will have either resolved this issue or provided you with advice on how to do so. As this fault has been found on equipment that is not the responsibility of ourselves or Openreach, the engineer call-out charge is applicable.

Openreach engineer bypassed our old 25 years old socket and installed a new one. He said he does it  because he is not sure what is causing the problem (problem was intermittent) Both sockets are located in our living room all cabling stayed the same.  Is a master socket my equipment ?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Maggi28 I would raise a complaint with Plusnet, the master socket is Openreach equipment so the charge is not applicable. I notice the engineer notes said nothing about what equipment was faulty. He/she obviously had no idea what the problem was.

See the Complaints Code of Practice link at the bottom of each page on the forum. 

Maggi28

Will do so. Thank you for all your help. Will keep you updated. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

Good evening @Maggi28 Smiley I am sorry to hear you've gotten in touch in the form of a complaint, I've emailed you and waiting for your response on the Member Centre to introduce myself. Hope to hear from yourself soon. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Maggi28

Plusnet  great work, i'm well impressed.  Quick investigation and all is sorted, turned out to be engineer error. 

Have recommended you to my friends. 

CinderEla
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Hi, @Maggi28!

Thank you so much for getting in touch to let us know. I'm happy to hear everything was sorted quickly for you. I've passed the feedback on for the agent who assisted you. Thank you very much for recommending us! All the best, Ela

Ela
 Plusnet Help Team