Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

BT Sports

I have only just seen the announcement about BT Sports even though I have everything ticked in my communications settings. Firstly, why is it I never seem to receive any news emails from Plusnet anymore? I used to but not for ages. I always get my billing emails.
Secondly, I currently pay BT for BT Sports. I believe they require a month's notice. How can I ensure unbroken service if I want Plusnet to supply it? At what point do I need to tell Plusnet? Can I give advance notice to Plusnet with a required date or do I need to wait about 48 hours before my BT Sports subscription is due to stop with BT before I tell Plusnet?
I tried phoning Plusnet this morning but was on hold for more than 20 minutes. Disappointing as customer service was one of Plusnet's strengths in days gone by.
Annie
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Sports

I have only just seen the announcement about BT Sports even though I have everything ticked in my communications settings. Firstly, why is it I never seem to receive any news emails from Plusnet anymore? I used to but not for ages. I always get my billing emails.

Notifications such as billing emails are set to the default or postmaster mailbox with us by default. Is the email address we have listed in your contact details still the relevant one? You should be able to check what we currently have listed for that on the member centre.
Regarding avoiding disruption. Once you've requested BT sports from us it's usually activated within a few hours so you might want to do that the day before or on the day that the BT service cancels.
Really sorry about the wait by the way, we're working hard to improve on that at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I only received an email about BT sport from Plusnet within the last week, so it could be that there is a backlog and yours will arrive sometime soon.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

Notifications such as billing emails are set to the default or postmaster mailbox with us by default. Is the email address we have listed in your contact details still the relevant one? You should be able to check what we currently have listed for that on the member centre.

I have looked in the 'View My Details' section and the email address that I have had in there is a non-plusnet one, well technically, it's an email I have on my own domain which I then have re-directing to my Plusnet email address. Should I have a Plusnet email address in there instead?
Annie