Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport?

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Sport?

I received a letter today from BT informing me that my free BT Sport is ending on the 21st and they will start charging me £6.75 per month for it. I called them up and said that I'm moving my phone and internet over to Plusnet and wish to cancel BT sport, they then told me that I'm unable to cancel it until I'm fully with Plusnet which will be on the 22nd as the move for phone and internet is in place. I can then call BT up and cancel the BT sport giving them one months notice, they will then charge me £6.75 for a months subscription....is that right or is there a way around it?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: BT Sport?

That doesn't seem right to me. Normally you can just cancel with 30 days notice.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Good morning guys,
I can't really attest for how BT deal with BT Sport. You'd probably have to dispute it with them.
Whenever somebody requests a BT Sport cancellation on our side, it doesn't usually take effect until the next billing date. This is because the months service is paid in advance and is slightly more simple than the pro-rata refund. In essence, we could turn it off at any time though I suppose.
Feel free to let me know if you have it released so we can get it added back on via Plusnet.
Thanks,
Matty.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Razorback
Grafter

I have had similar issues. I tried to cancel BT Sport several times, but BT refused to do it until i wrote a letter of complaint. Each time they argued I had to transfer the phone service to Plusnet first . Eventually they stopped BT Sport, albeit 3 weeks after they said they would. Now they are trying to still trying to charge for the service (even though i am now paying for it via Plusnet), hence a further complaint. Never ceases to amaze me how such large organisations can be so imcompetant.
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cheers guys, I just don't want it anymore either with BT or Plusnet.