cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App Cancellation

ew0683
Hooked

BT Sport App Cancellation

Hello, would like the help of your team to cancel BT sport app as no option to do so online and unable to get through to the helpline. Please create a ticket and I can confirm the decision to cancel the add on.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: BT Sport App Cancellation

Thanks for getting in touch @ew0683 and apologies for the delayed response.

I've created a ticket on your account regarding this which can be viewed by going here

Let us know once you've responded and we'll get that picked up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lordspace
Dabbler

I would also like to cancel my BT Sport subscription. I've made little use of it, and have been trying to do this for weeks. There is no option to cancel BT Sport  on my account, and I'm not prepared to wait 30minutes on the phone either. It was easy enough to sign up!

Can you please raise a ticket so that I can do this please? 

Regards,

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting in touch @lordspace

I've processed that for you now and removed the app

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lordspace
Dabbler

Thank for this.

However, under 'Home>My Products' BT Sport App is still listed.

Also, the next bill due on April 3, still says what it said before: £50.98. Shouldn't this be £10 less now? 

Looking at the huge number of people trying to cancel their BT Sport subscription through the forum, wouldn't it be easier to allow this on the accounts on the website? This whole business is making me question, after being with you for 15 years, whether Plusnet is the right ISP for me any more.

Regards,

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @lordspace

It can take some time to show on the account.

If it's still showing it tomorrow feel free to get back to us

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lordspace
Dabbler

OK, I’ve waited a week and my account still shows that my next bill, due on April 3, includes a BT Sport subscription. I don’t wish to pay the £10! I can assure you that if £50.98 is taken from my account on April 3 I will change my ISP from Plusnet to one that allows me to manage my account properly. I have been with Plusnet for over 15 years!

shaaaaaake
Hooked

Hi Matthew, I'd also like to cancel my BT Sports addon until the sporting calendar resumes, please raise a ticket or whatever needs to be done.

lordspace
Dabbler

OK, it’s now April 3 and my bill still includes £10 for BT Sport that I’ve asked to cancel 10 days ago. Instead I now see that I can stop payments for BT Sport for a month by filling in a form - of course if it’s within 48 hours it won’t work. That’s not good enough is it? Look - I don’t want to stop them for a month, I want to stop them completely so that I can then resubscribe at a time of my own choosing. I’m not paying for sport that isn’t live. Why is this so difficult Plusnet?

Please cancel BT Sport on my account permanently now, and refund the £10 I shouldn’t be paying today.

DeathCore
Hooked

I am also in the same position - I created a thread on the general channel (which can be removed if the issue is dealt with here).

lordspace
Dabbler

I filled in the form but shouldn't have had to do this as a Matthew Wheeler from Plusnet said he would deal with it. Obviously he didn't! I tried on Twitter as well, and this was how, yesterday and a week later, I heard about the form you can fill in. It is very suspicious that Plusnet are making it so difficult to cancel your BT Sport subscription.

I'll have a look at the thread on the general channel now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for bearing with us, Plusnet customers can now pause their BT Sport payment for a month via this online form https://comm.plus.net/k/Karmarama/bt_sport_subscription_discount?_ga=2.46676078.817452325.1585562050... . As soon as things change we’ll be in touch.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DeathCore
Hooked

Hi, I also completed this form, but I also wish to fully cancel my BT Sport subscription, not just for one month.

I'm not working because of this virus, so it may be many months before I can re sign again to bt sport, even if live sport resumes within a month (highly unlikely).

I don't understand why this is not a simple option on the add on page - it's an optional add on, not a requirement of the service.

Please action asap, not just for me, but the many other annoyed customers littered throughout this forum!
lordspace
Dabbler

I think I have managed to cancel my BT Sport subscription, but there has been a fair amount of communication on it. I have also queried why there isn’t an option to cancel on our accounts on Plusnet. Yesterday I had an answer: “...It’s just the system hasn’t been built for whatever reason to allow cancellation requests. I presume there wasn’t a priority to do this as we don’t (or rather didn’t) get many cancellation requests.” 

If this is the explanation then it is weak, naive and arrogant. I can, and do, subscribe/unsubscribe to the sports packages on NowTV very easily. You can also unsubscribe from BT Sport, if you have a BT Internet account, directly from your BT account.