cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE have cancelled broadband, plus not due till tomorrow.

tonycollinet
Grafter

BE have cancelled broadband, plus not due till tomorrow.

I've had a text today from BE telling me they have stopped my broadband. I assume this is due to it being taken over by plusnet, but I've had no text from plus, and the phone system tells me my plusnet connection is not yet active. Pevious text from plus tells me it is not due until tomorrow.
I was not expecting 24 hours loss of service. What is normal?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: BE have cancelled broadband, plus not due till tomorrow.

The date given in the text from PN is usually the day after the actual installation, since it can take upto midnight for ADSL to be fully active although it's usually active well before that. Have you tried connecting the PN router , you may well find that it's already working ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonycollinet
Grafter

Problem is I'm away from home tonight. New router is at the post office because they didn't put it through the letterbox, and Mrs TC is at home with no internet.
Is it likely that if I talk her through changing username and password in the current router that it will just fire up when connected?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't know what router you've got but there are significant differences between the setup for Be and PN, so that won't work.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Ok thanks for your help. Pretty much what I thought - she'll have to manage with mobile broadband for tonght then.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tonyAtplus,
Looks like your account's now active so everything should be working, please let us know if that's not the case?
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Matt
Thanks - yes, home now, and wriing this on my new plusnet connection. Just waiting for the upload cap to be removed (requested by phone). How long should I expect that to take?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's placed today it'll complete early Monday morning for you. I'll check to make sure that's the case as sometimes it's incorrectly placed with a 7 day lead time.