Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBMY 10GB included

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BBMY 10GB included

A few years ago I changed to an annual contract and in return my included usage was upped from 2GB to 10GB for £9.99.
All went well until last summer when I bought a couple of extra GB. Since I reduced it back to 10Gb I have had problems almost every month.
I have just raised another ticket as I have been billed £10 for the 10GB!!
Has anyone else had this problem? I suspect that as the offer was only open a short while there are not many still on this old BBMY product.
Regards,
Wuz
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BBMY 10GB included

Most of us - if not nearly all - moved to Value and then Essentials with 10GB usage as standard (or in my case Unlimited for £9.99 per month 12 month contract)
Wuz
Rising Star

Oldjim,
I looked at this but BBMY Option 1 is only £9.99 compared to Essentials £12.99. looking at my bills and refunds during the last few months I am still not sure the corrections were right!
I used up my 10gb on the last day but the service slowed down even though I have just checked and my option is to pay for extra up to £5. Presume that didn't kick in because of the 36 they were already going to charge.
We hope to get fibre in a year or two which might make me change product to get an increase from my current speed of 2.3mb. My billing might even be correct before then!
Regards,
Wuz
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Market 1 strikes again  Crazy
Wuz
Rising Star

I have now got a reply:
Thank you for getting in touch.. To discuss this or what we may be able to offer you to retain you as a customer, please speak to our Customer Options Team. They are available as per below:
0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200
09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays)
Should you wish not to call to cancel your account, the only alternative would be to send us a letter to the following address:
Plusnet, 2 Pinfold Street, S1 2GU
Please remember to include your username in the letter so that we can allocate this to your account.
We're happy to help if you have further technical or customer service questions in the meantime. You can reply to this message online or call us 24/7 on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200. You can find out how busy we are before you call by visiting our Support Statistics.
Kind regards,

I do not want to close my account I just want to be billed the correct amount and not have to wrote every month!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Wait until Monday and it gets picked up here
Wuz
Rising Star

Thanks Oldjim, will see what happens tomorrow.
Wuz
Wuz
Rising Star

Now got a further reply
"Unfortunately we can't do this for, only change your package back down to the 2GB one for £9.99 per month. This is because your old contract has come to an end and this legacy package isn't one that we offer discounts on any more.
What I'd recommend is that you change to our new Essentials package with 10GB of usage for £12.99 per month. More information can be found in our Residential Broadband FAQ and you can schedule the change from your next billing date by following this link:
http://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html
Sorry I couldn't be of more help and please feel free to get back in touch Online if we can be of any more help."
I never remember any end date on the old contract. Is anyone else still on BBMY option or do I just bite the bullet and then change provider when my years contract is up.
Wux
A bit pissed off with being charged over £20 with no warning of a change in contract!
godsell4
Rising Star

There was a BBYW Option1 Special Offer for 10GB/month at a cost of £9.99/month which applied to all connections, including Market1. I know, as I am on this package. This must be the same package as Wuz.
Wuz, have you moved off the BBYW package at some point?
If not, it does appear something has gone wrong at PN.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Wuz
Rising Star

godsell4,
Thanks for that. The problem started last August when I opted to buy a couple of extra Gb for a month. When I put it back to 10Gb it moved to 2Gb and I have had nothing put problems since!
Wuz
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wuz,
Sorry to see that you've had this issue for a few months. This should now be permanently fixed for you. I've also updated your ticket on your account.
Please let me know if you believe it's not resolved.
Chris
Wuz
Rising Star

Hi Chris,
Thanks very much for your help. I have now closed the ticket.
Regards,
Wuz