cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB activation date past with no broadband or word from PN.

Stef1
Dabbler

BB activation date past with no broadband or word from PN.

HI hope you can help Plusnet
My broadband activation date has sailed past without any work from plusnet except for a text message sent days ago saying that the line would be active before midnight yesterday which its not.
I've checked the order status online which shows green ticks, except for "Activating your line" which is in progress.
I've taken a gamble and plugged in the router – the text message I received earlier in the week told me not to, but there's plenty of advice on these forums suggesting to try it.
Anyhow, the router lights tell me that there is broadband on the line, but that it could not bring up the link, hence no internet.
Is it just a case that something needs turning on or digital switch flicking?
Thanks
Stef
p.s. I submitted a support question, but with kids eager for their online cbeebies fix and Skype with family I didn't fancy the 38 hour wait for a reply.
If it's any help plusnet username is;  tictok@plusdsl.net
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BB activation date past with no broadband or word from PN.

You'll probably not get a response from PN staff on here before Monday - best thing is to brave the call queues and phone in and ask to have your account activated.
Stef1
Dabbler

Thank for your reply.
Tried that already.
Unfortunately after phoning and queuing for 20mins I got cut off...  not the best start! Sad
Decided to move to PN after a dreadful 6 months with no service at all (no phone or BB) from BT along with really poor / practically non existent communication. Paid to get out of BT contract and move to Plusnet...  was hoping for a better start.
Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.
Will try phoning again later in the day... hope I get to speak to someone this time!
Cheers
Stef
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Stef1
Is it just a case that something needs turning on or digital switch flicking?
That is quite possible, PN may be waiting for notification from BT that the line is ready to use, or the message got lost.
Sadly it's now the weekend, but you might get better visibility (and action if it's possible) by posting this in the "Your Feedback" section as that is scrutinised more closely by PN staff.
And of course try to phone PlusNet.
Stef1
Dabbler

Managed to get through to PLusNet support this afternoon.
They helpful guy on the line checked the status and then activated the service there and then. Happy days  Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Good to hear Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine