cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Service - Now They've Cut Me Off

jacko112
Hooked

Awful Service - Now They've Cut Me Off

Copy of a transcript left on Trustpilot - hopefully its useful to other people.

I joined Plusnet on the 20th May - it's been a truly awful experience, and that's being very polite!
To begin with, they do not tell you that when you sign up 2 weeks before this is when your cooling off period commences so you have no chance to even try the service first.
I moved from Sky purely on price - I wish that I hadn't.
I work from home & have 2 teenagers doing their GCSE & A Level exams so need an acceptable speed. I never once received the minimum 49mbps that Plusnet promise - my daughter couldn't even get wifi in her bedroom.
I had 2 engineer visits, and a new router. I then had to give them 30 days after this to have a chance of fixing the issue.
Yesterday was the last day & I'd been documenting speeds for the past month - nowhere near the 49mpbs so I had them cancel the contract without any termination charges - all good you think!
No - they just simply switched off the internet without any warning!!
I will now be without internet for the next 2 weeks whilst I go back to Sky.
I read that they have a habit of taking extra money from people's accounts after cancelling so I've made sure to cancel my DD.
Fairly important as I Work from home so is now costing me income!
We'll do you proud is their ethos - like heck is it!!!
Shocking Service Avoid at All Cost!

Plusnet response:

Hi Mark, thanks a lot for your review and I'm really sorry to hear about the service you've received. Just one thing to point out though, in that your cooling off period starts the day after you sign up. This is to allow you the time to to shop around, though it's not a "try before you buy" period. The start date and duration of the cooling off period is stated in the Terms and Conditions which you will have accepted upon the initiation of your contract.

Saying that, I'd like to apologise that we were unable to provide and maintain your Minimum Guaranteed Speed, and especially for the fact that the line was cut off so soon. ideally, the account should have been left open while another provider placed their orders to take over.

If you have any further queries at all, please feel free to send us your account username via a private message over Facebook (facebook.com/plusnet) or our Twitter channel (@plusnethelp). When sending the account username across, please mention this relates to a TrustPilot response., and state the issue's which have been raised here. - Adam - Plusnet Leeds

In conclusion, you can get out of your contract if speeds are low, but they'll cut you off immediately without telling you. Oh, and cancel your DD so they can't take more money out! (I Did).

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

13 REPLIES 13
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Awful Service - Now They've Cut Me Off

Hi @jacko112

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I appreciate your concerns surrounding the billing and whilst nothing appears to be erroneous at this time, please don't hesitate to reach out to us should this change. We'll be happy to review the situation further and correct any errors should they occur, though I sincerely hope this isn't the case. If you have any further queries or concerns at this stage, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to discuss the matter further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jacko112
Hooked

You’ve completely missed the point, this has nothing to do with billing. It is purely down you not being able to deliver on the speed promises that are so widely claimed.
Plus you then have to audacity to cut me off, without any notice, inhibiting my ability to earn a living!
If I’d missed payments then I can understand but this is not the case.
Yet again, Plusnet cannot understand their customers needs.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thank you for your time on the phone this evening @jacko112. As we'd discussed, I've logged a ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jacko112
Hooked

Oh and a final follow up on this - had an email today from the collections department advising they were unable to take the final payment of £181!! No this was because I cancelled my DD - why they’ve tried to take this I’ve no idea as all termination costs were waived.
Beware guys! Seems all they’re after is your money!!
ellythemoo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They've cancelled my account too - having taken the wrong amount from me - and apparently it'll take 7 days for me to get broadband again. I'm thinking of going to Sky too. I'm sorry to hear of your woes. The service has gone downhill hugely.
jacko112
Hooked

Final invoice scam by Plusnet

Why is that after my contract was cancelled by Plusnet and having it confirmed in an email that all early termination costs had been written off, you continuously chase for the final invoice?? 

I am so glad I cancelled my DD.

3 phone calls to try and get this resolved with today's call ending me putting the phone down as I am so angry.  I asked continually to speak to a manager only to be told that this would take 3-5 days as it's viewed as a complaint. 

I work in the financial industry and can ill afford for Plusnet to lodge a black mark on my credit record. 

This needs to be sorted today!!! 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Final invoice scam by Plusnet

@jacko112 

Raise it as a complaint via the Complaints Code of Practice (see the bottom of the page). In my experience, Plusnet will pick that up quite quickly and you will get a dedicated complaint handler until it is resolved.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@jacko112 wrote

I am so glad I cancelled my DD.

If you need to avoid a stain on your Credit Record then the last thing that you should do is cancel your DD. Far better to take the financial hit and demand compensation for any additional charges incurred due to Plusnet extracting money to which they are not entitled.

As I understand it a Scam is a deliberate act. I suspect that this is more a case of agent incompetence combined with a poorly designed billing system. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jacko112
Hooked

as if to add insult to injury - they are now chasing me hard for the early terminations costs which I have in an email that wasn't to be charged. 

I am now going to open a formal complaint with Ofcom I think as they simply will either not listen or not carry out what they say.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged to keep info in one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@jacko112 

I fear that you will find Ofcom as useful as a chocolate teapot. They will log the complaint but not get involved in an individual dispute.

Also start a formal complaint as advised. You can take that through to arbitration if necessary.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for your time today @jacko112, I. really sorry for the issues faced with the account. 

I have now sent an email outlining our discussion and should you have any further queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team