Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting new line install and fibre install info, No updates since sign up

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Awaiting new line install and fibre install info, No updates since sign up

Hi prettyflyguy,
I can see Chris is dealing with this for you on Twitter and your ticket, I'm sorry about the delays that are going on here. I believe our provisioning team have escalated the order and will update you as soon as they have any more information.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: prettyflyguy
Fibre engineer proceeded to install the HG612 modem on the wall next to my current master socket and then tapped into a couple of the spare wires in my current socket.  (Is this correct or just cutting corners / cowboying it )

The overthead line to your house carries 2 pairs, so in other words it can carry 2 separate services, so there is nothing wrong with that. I hope he also installed a new NTE5a with a vDSL filter plate for your 2nd (fibre) service.  If so, all OR have to do is provision a circuit at the top of the pole, which of course may be easier said than done if there are no spare pairs from the cab!
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Yes, they fitted NTE5 with filtered faceplate next to current master socket with filtered faceplate.
I've just seen ticket reply for my reappointed install.  Which is 27/11/2012  67 days after ordering  Angry  Shocked Shocked and does not suit either as I can only be in on a Friday.
Anotherone
Champion

Did you give them a choice of days/dates? Or is this another example of them making an appointment without consulting the customer?
Edit: 2 months to either move a couple of phone only customers onto a DACS to free up a pair, or put in a new cable from Cab to DP is ridiculous.
Edit2: There really must be some incompetent management at OpenRetch to provide Plusnet with an install date without checking of there was actually some available pairs to provide the service. And I hope Plusnet don't even try taking any monthly payment money from your account until the service is provisioned!
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Nope, didn't give them a choice of dates and wasn't asked if date was suitable . I'd have said Friday only the same as all my last install dates.
Regarding the drop wire into my home, none of the engineers bother to take a look in the distribution box pictured here
http://imageshack.us/f/210/020120083041.jpg/
Drop wire in middle and only one of the other cables is being used for my current line the other goes into the wall in spare bedroom and has no nte5 box fitted just the cable end loose. think they assumed it was being used?
Could they not have used this in the first visit? Nobody bothered to look at it when here.
Quote from: Anotherone
And I hope Plusnet don't even try taking any monthly payment money from your account until the service is provisioned!

Funnily enough My account is showing everything as complete and activated and that my next bill is due on 26/11/2012.
The day before I am supposed to be (again) connected up  Roll_eyes
I have mentioned this to CP and he said it wont be collected but I was also told I wouldn't have another 5 week wait for the new install date  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

Well I hope you've gone back to them and had a good whinge about booking a date without consulting you and the fact it wasn't a Friday, and told them to sort it!
Drop wire in middle and only one of the other cables is being used for my current line the other goes into the wall in spare bedroom and has no nte5 box fitted just the cable end loose. think they assumed it was being used?
Could they not have used this in the first visit? Nobody bothered to look at it when here.

Are you implying that they've installed the modem not in a location that you wanted, did you not say where you wanted it?
It's difficult to see what's going on in that connection box because half of it is in shadow. But if the drop wire is the middle one, it looks as though the right hand one is the one going to your NTE5a's. It looks as though there are jelly crimps connecting all four wires to the drop wire. The LH cable doesn't appear connected and is the one going to the spare bedroom, would that be right?
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Yes, I did let them know not happy with date and date not suitable.
Contacted Chris who said that he was pushing OR for an earlier date and would get back to me Yesterday, maybe he will get back Today with more info?
Yes, I think that is the one going to bedroom.
nte5 and Modem location are where I wanted them in the sitting room, they just didn't use the data extension kit that was part of my order (Which I assume is a better quality cable similar to CAT5e ? )  Just tapped into the current nte5 socket as I said earlier.
But I'm beginning to worry that my fibre speed is going to affected by the wiring that was done on my original nte5 installation that they tapped into instead of installing the new nte5 and running the data extension cable.
Original cabling was ran from back of house up through the loft down to sitting room (which is probably a 15m run) and has around 10-15m of loose wire in the loft.
Could this affect my estimated fttc speed?  Some pictures of the original cable run, wiring and close up on connection box below
Does this look up to scratch?
http://imageshack.us/g/684/020120083024.jpg/
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've updated your ticket and we're still waiting for the Friday appointment to be confirmed. Hopefully we will get an update today, if we haven't I will chase this up first thing on Monday morning to confirm the appointment.
Sorry for the wait.
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Thanks Chris
I received your ticket update yesterday that your pushing for an earlier date, but today on my other open ticket I have received a now later date of 30/11/2012 between 8AM and 1PM  Huh from another CSC
I hope that this is just a mix up and an earlier date can be set  Cry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've chased this up for you this morning and have now got an appointment for this Friday(9th) between 9am-1pm.
I hope this date is OK?
Let me know.
prettyflyguy
Grafter

That would be great Chris Thanks  Grin
Grateful for your replies on here also for all your help sorting this problem out and getting an earlier date its very much appreciated  Cool
Hoping install goes to plan this time
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: prettyflyguy
Does this look up to scratch?
http://imageshack.us/g/684/020120083024.jpg/

I can see all the photos as some are too dark, but those in the loft look extremely unprofessional. The joints should be ok as it's jelly crimped. But you should get the eng to look when he comes, just to check it out. Make sure he doesn't/can't fall through the ceiling  Wink
prettyflyguy
Grafter

those in the loft look extremely unprofessional. ..... But you should get the eng to look when he comes, just to check it out

I Should have said, the last engineer tidied up the wiring and put a( BT80? ) junction box between drop wire cable in the loft and the cw1308 cable and stapled/crushed Shocked the cable to the joists up there. Just hope he hasn't damaged any wires in the cable. pics below.
http://i47.tinypic.com/14tt4jl.jpg  
http://i50.tinypic.com/1hf3m0.jpg  
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ch834.jpg  
http://i50.tinypic.com/30u31c7.jpg
Regarding the cw1308 run from loft are FTTC.
Are installs from what I've researched not meant to be from where the drop wire comes into the house, NTE5  installed directly on that inner wall near power outlet for modem.  Then from there run the cat5e Data extension cable where EU requires it?
I assume that they use cat5e from near enough where drop wire comes in for a reason and not cw1308 which is what mines is from drop wire  Huh Get the feeling my speeds may be affected with the cw1308 and might be more prone to interference on the line with it instead of the cat5e  Sad
Anyway, Install meant to be Today, been up since 7, Engineer booked for between 8am and 1pm. 12:20 now and still waiting,
If any PN staff read this could they check that its still on for Today please and let me know so that I'm not wasting another day off ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm chasing this up and I'll keep you updated and respond to your PM.
Anotherone
Champion

How easy is the cable run from the loft to sitting room? If the eng hasn't gone/been you could talk to him about doing the run with data extension cable.