Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting new line install and fibre install info, No updates since sign up

prettyflyguy
Grafter

Awaiting new line install and fibre install info, No updates since sign up

Hi
Just wondering if any of the Plusnet forum team can update me on my order staus please?
I signed up last last Friday night paid for my years line rental,  first months fibre and £50 install fee but have been left in the dark since with no information on what's happening regarding my order and no confirmation of any OR install date.
I have had contact from a CSC Analyst asking if i'd like to use my current line instead of a new install but nothing since.
Sorry if I seem a little eager to find out info on my order status,  think I've been spoiled with experience with O2 keeping me informed by text and email every step of way with past installs with them.  Wink
Thanks in advance
PFG
61 REPLIES 61
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Awaiting new line install and fibre install info, No updates since sign up

Hi there,
I'm sorry you feel left in the dark here, hope I can illuminate the situation for you!
I can see re ticket 60147226 that we still need to get an order raised for a new line to be put in for you, that will of course determine the date for installation so I'm going to ask a member of our provisioning team to pick that up and update you ASAP.
think I've been spoiled with experience with O2 keeping me informed by text and email every step of way

It looks like you've opted in for SMS ticket updates with us, have you received any? Also what information did O2 send by text? I'm curious to see if there's anything we can learn Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

I can see re ticket 60147226 that we still need to get an order raised for a new line to be put in for you, that will of course determine the date for installation so I'm going to ask a member of our provisioning team to pick that up and update you ASAP.

Hi Adam
Thanks for the reply  Smiley Not meaning to be cheeky but from your reply above does this mean that my order from a week ago Shocked  has only now just gone through Today ?
I've only received 1 sms regarding if I wanted the use of current line here or continue with my order for a new line install (that I paid for) until Today's provisional Install date sms.
Plusnet provisioning team seem to have now started the ball rolling now that you have contacted them(Thanks), although they have come back with install date of 26/10/2012. 8am to 1pm  5 weeks after ordering.   Cry   If this is the earliest date that it can be done can I have the time changed to a 1:00 PM onward install please?
Original install dates chosen when i signed up were below
1) 04/10/2012 PM
2) 05/10/2012 PM
3) 12/10/2012 PM
I know these dates cant be guaranteed but the install date given is 2 weeks after my last (God, I hope its not that faraway) date.
Is my install date now so far away due to my order not going through sooner than Today Adam?
Before signing up with Plusnet I had originally signed up to Plusnets big brother  BT Infinity ordered that on 09/09/2012 and they would have had it installed by Today 28/09/2012.
That's just over 2 weeks less waiting time for install  through BT than through Plusnet also the BT online order told me my install date there and then on line,  I didn't have to chase it up with CS.
Although I did have to cancel that order due to other problems when BT messed up charges to my credit card and general incompetence from the sales team  Roll_eyes
I had hoped that Plusnet would be better at getting the order set up and installed and problem free.
I hope that Plusnet can offer some sort of gesture of good will due to the time it has taken for my order to be sent through to Openreach for the line provide and fibre install.
Who knows maybe Adam could look into a refund of my £50 line install fee, with it now taking longer to get my install date?   Wink
Could you let me know if it's possible for the AM to 1PM onwards change on engineer visit too please Adam?
Thanks
PFG
prettyflyguy
Grafter

No reply on here to my last enquiry so took to twitter and only reply I got is"the date offered is the soonest available" from Adam. Full of complaints on there.
"Plusnet we'll do you proud"  My A$$, Haven't even had my install yet due to the incompetent provisioning team unable to put through my order .
Terrible CS so far, I can see the next 18 months are going to be just as good  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's AR$E not A$$ to be correct, however it does seem that Plusnet still seem to be making a pig's ear of provisioning Fibre orders, perhaps they'd like to offer an explanation as to why these cock-ups are continuing?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi prettyflyguy,
Apologies for the lack of response on here, I can see that your date is now pencilled for your order. The initial date we offered was no longer available once you had confirmed that you are to have a new line installed.
I have created a ticket on your account in reference to the request you made on the 2nd October regarding payments.
Again sorry for the delay in response and I hope we can make this up-to you.
Chris
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply
I was beginning to think I was getting nowhere with Plusnet CS,  I'm happy to accept what you have proposed in ticket #60803935.
I just hope the install goes smoothly now and speeds are as estimated 64Mb/20Mb although recent CS install date confirmation post stated  80Mb/20Mb  Smiley
16 days to go now.
Thanks again for your help Chris
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Well Install date is finally here, been given install time between 8am and 1pm. 
Sitting near the window so I can see him/her coming and the dogs on standby to bark her head off if any one so much as looks at my front door.  Smiley
Here's hoping the OR engineer can be bothered to turn up. I did hear my mobile ring for 1-2 seconds and have a missed call. Hope it wasn't them?  Huh
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Just seen Openreach van drive by my house without stopping, hope that wasn't my engineer  Cry
I'll update later
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Had to nip to the loo missed call  from Bolton number, Was this Plusnet?
jim:green phone number removed but shown on hidden forums for staff mod:end
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As you will see I have removed the number to protect the innocent (probably) but it is most unlikely to be from Plusnet as their call always show number withheld
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Sorry OldJim Forgot its an open forum Embarrassed

Thought I'd check my plusnet member account on line and its showing for fttc order "Your broadband is now ready to use"
jumping the gun a little as still had no engineer visit.
Talk anytime still shows as "unconfigured"
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Just had phone call from fibre engineer asking if i have had anyone else out this morning as I have 2 appointments booked for Today he's on his way. Asked if i had a dial tone to which I replied it was to be a new line installed  Roll_eyes he's still on his way. Just hope they dont touch my other line!
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Engineer has visited explained to him new line is to be installed after which he told me that he (fttc installer) had been booked for morning 8am-1pm install and the other OR guy had been booked to install the new phone line after 1pm-6pm  Shocked
ar$e from elbow comes to mind.
He has contacted the office and tried to get someone out to install the line sooner,But has other jobs to do so might not get mine done Today. Now away to sit in his van.
Looks like another possible 5 week wait for this to get sorted.
Also noted about £200 worth of cancellation charges on my "active" account I hope these don't still stand if I decide to walk away from Plusnet Fibre all together ?
Can anyone at Plusnet answer this question for me please?
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Well it  looks like I have another long wait to get fibre up and running  Cry
Guy for the phone line install came earlier, Had to explain again about new line provide. Out to the pole he went.  Seen him come back and talk to the fibre engineer and then got in his van and drove off.   Shocked
He left it to the fibre guy to explain that he (Phone install) cant climb the pole as there is no tag on it and there might be a possibility that there isn't a spare pair on the pole as neighbour has a D.A.C.S on their line.
Fibre engineer proceeded to install the HG612 modem on the wall next to my current master socket and then tapped into a couple of the spare wires in my current socket.  (Is this correct or just cutting corners / cowboying it )
Once done he said someone from BT might be in contact on Monday And that I was to contact my service provider for more info?
That was that.
So what now and how long Plusnet please?