cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Tag Query

dans2k

Awaiting Tag Query

Hi,
Referring to ticket #40558681 please could you clarify what the procedure now is? I assume you are now saying that you will liaise with BT wholesale to remove the tag on my line? How long is this expected to take? I also see from another post on here that you do not need me to obtain a MAC code as the previous ISP account was not in my name? It would have been nice to have been informed of this initially rather than going to and throw between yourselves and BT.
Can you also confirm if the tag is only holding up the broadband? If so, is it possible to start my phone line asap? I am having Sky installed next Friday for which an active phone line is required and I would rather not delay this installation. If I have to wait a bit longer for broadband access then so be it.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Dan.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Awaiting Tag Query

Hi there,
The process is that the BT service on the line was from a previous occupant at your premises and not yourself we'll need to raise a tags query with out. They they determine if its an active service or just a marker left on the line incorrectly. If its an active service they remove it for us, please bear in mind that can take up to 7 days, where as the latter can be done within a matter of 2 or 3 days.
Also assuming that you've just moved house have you changed the phone account into your name yet? I ask as this will scupper the progress of a tags query if not.
Hope that helps,
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dans2k

Thanks Adam.
Can you confirm when the tag query was passed to BT please?
Yes I have just moved into the house and no I haven't notified anyone. Do I need to contact BT? I assumed as I wanted to go with Plusnet for line rental there was not need to notify BT as you would take over the line? Please let me know who I need to speak to and what I need to tell them.
Also, as before, does the tag only affect the broadband? If so are we able to move forward with getting an active phone line?
Kind regards,
Dan.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, the tags query was raised this morning, we usually get a response on the next day so I'll keep you posted.

Yes I have just moved into the house and no I haven't notified anyone. Do I need to contact BT?

No you don't, my bad I failed to spot that you've taken up phone with us.
The tag should only affect the broadband order by the way.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dans2k

Thanks Adam. Please could you confirm when I can expect a working telephone line and what the number will be (if new)?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

could you confirm when I can expect a working telephone line and what the number will be

I can't just yet I'm afraid, all that is yet to be determined but we should be able to let you know within the next few days.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dans2k

Hi,
I was asked to contact BT (by Plusnet) and ask them to stop the line and BT told me that the line was inactive already, however it also looks like I had the wrong number for the property so perhaps that was causing a problem? I would appreciate it if you could follow this up please, as I assume it should be straight forward now if my current line is inactive?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Dan.