cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic transfer to cheapest deal

majorstare

Automatic transfer to cheapest deal

Hi, my 12 month contract has just ended and plusnet have charged me an extra £4.50 for the unlimited call package. Why can you not automatically transfer me to the cheapest broadband and phone deal on offer( £3.99 + £5.00)? Also why not contact me beforehand and warn me my contract is ending so I can decide what to do? Up to now have been very impressed with plusnet service but this is something a lot of companies do, relying on customer inertia to keep them.
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Automatic transfer to cheapest deal

Hi majorstare,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
If you take a look at your bills from the previous months you will see that your call package has always been charged, however, you had a discount for your broadband service and now that the 12 months is up you are now paying full price for your broadband. We cannot automatically change your contract details as it needs to be requested by yourself to make any changes to your contract. If you'd like to discuss any deals that are available to you you'd need to speak to our Customer Options team on 0800 432 0200 (from a landline) or 0345 120 0200 (from a mobile). They are available Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00 and Saturdays 09:00 - 17:30.
majorstare

Re: Automatic transfer to cheapest deal

Hi, have rung and sorted new deal, but still disappointed to have to pay extra this month. No surprise plusnet does'nt remind you beforehand, extra profit for them. Modern british business, all about profit. Sad.