Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated billing system sending me demands for cash after I have left PlusNet

DaveLister
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Automated billing system sending me demands for cash after I have left PlusNet

I left PlusNet on the 5th of February and cancelled the Direct Debit. I did this because PlusNet are still demanding a months payment of £47.98, when I only owe them for 4 days. I have had three emails so far, although for now they are not rude. One email states that the payer's identity is different, this is obviously wrong. I usually let companies cancel the DD themselves, but I am very annoyed for two reasons:

1) They pulled the plug early on the 5th, so I was without service for 8 hours.

2) They agreed to allow me to keep my email address for free, but my email has been broken since I left. Tickets have been raised for this.  

Clearly staff rely too much on automated systems, a common problem these days. If they want to not hack off more customers then they need to have people monitoring more carefully, especially during change overs or upgrades. Of course,  i may wish to return to PlusNet at some point, but now this is unlikely.

21 REPLIES 21
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Automated billing system sending me demands for cash after I have left PlusNet

Hi @DaveLister 

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way. 

Having checked your account I can see that the ticket which @EmilyD raised was last updated by our Network Operations Team yesterday. 

I do apologise that this is taking longer than you anticipated, but please rest assured we are working on rectifying this error. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

DaveLister
Grafter

Re: Automated billing system sending me demands for cash after I have left PlusNet

I am still getting payment reminders. Someone needs to work out my final bill manually, and tell me, then turn the reminders off. Does anyone in PlusNet support actually attempt to change anything on your systems? My email address is also still broken as only you can send me emails. I cannot and nor can others. As my contract has ended, I would actually be paying only 2p less with PlusNet for a slower service.

PlusNet service:   80MB with phone extra's       : £47.98

EE service: 150MB with the same extra's  : £48.00  - Dropped mobile access so actually paying £45.00

I estimate my final bill should be about £6.20

DaveLister
Grafter

I am now getting demands for payment sent to my PC AND my mobile. This is now starting to get seriously unacceptable.....

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear you're receiving these payment reminder notifications. As mentioned previously however, the final fee's and refunds for your account will be worked out after 21 days of the service moving away and you may receiving notifications in this time. I have however escalated this to our billing team to see if the final fee's can be worked out sooner for you and I should hear back within the next 24-72 hours on if this can be actioned or not. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I receive an update.

In regards to the email issue you are still experiencing, I can see you've had trouble in trying to attach the bounce back email to the ongoing ticket we are currently investigating this issue on. However if you simple copy the bounce back text (header) our back end team should be able to investigate this further for you. Alternatively, taking a screen shot of the header and attaching a photo would also work.

The ongoing ticket regarding the email issue can be accessed here.

DaveLister
Grafter

You are now threatening to charge me an extra £7.50, outrageous, except no human beings have yet been involved in this process........

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @DaveLister, I'm sincerely sorry to hear you're receiving failed payment notifications despite your recent transfer of broadband and phone service away from us. I have attempted to get this picked up this afternoon unfortunately with no luck however I will be chasing this first thing with the relevant department to get the outstanding balance to reflect the amount owed. I'm sorry this hasn't been sooner and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @DaveLister, I have discussed this issue with the our debt management team and believe have got the outstanding balance corrected/processed for correction to relate to what your final fee's should be. I'll personally be monitoring this for the next few days to make sure this comes into effect and get back to you once the balance is adjusted correctly.
More information regarding this can be found here.

DaveLister
Grafter

I have now had a demand for £55.48 and the service has been restricted, although this is not explained preciously how it is restricted? Tomorrow it will be 21 days since the switch over, so we will see if your payment department are professionals or arrogant pricks like their colleges in BT........ 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi Dave, as per the most recent update on this ticket here we have been in discussion with our Debt Management Team to get the outstanding balance corrected. We're continuing to monitor this, however as advised on the ticket link you may still receive email relating to the incorrect outstanding balance but please do ignore these as we are actively working on resolving this as quickly as possible.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveLister
Grafter

I have obviously rattled someone's cage....  I have now received no less than 12 emails, effectively 6 as you sent them to both the postmaster and my main alias address. Three of them indicate I am owed £7.50, Two indicate I am owed £2.98, and one says you have taken £7.50, which of course is currently impossible!!

At least it means someone is doing something, but I am no closer to knowing what I owe, my estimate is £6.20 for four days. If you don't want to receive a cheque written on the side of something ridiculous, then this needs sorting..... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can write a cheque on anything and it is legally binding, maybe you could write it on your old router and send that in, asking to include yourself in the Prize Draw before they cash it. You may even come out on top if you win. Funny

DaveLister
Grafter

The old router was actually a BT one, so some irony there if I sent it.....

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @DaveLister,

I understand @BD responded via the ticket on the account regarding this earlier today.

I believe the email advising we've taken a payment was likely generated when the amount was credited off of the account

As far as I can see, this is all in hand with @BD and at this stage, we just need to monitor the account to confirm no further invoices are generated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DaveLister
Grafter

More than 21 days have now passed and I still don't have a settlement figure. Can I now assume that PlusNet have given up chasing me for payment for the a few days in February?