cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorised user warning

briston
Aspiring Pro

Authorised user warning

Just a warning about allowing someone to be an authorized user on an account.
This authorized user can log into the account. Change the email address where notification are sent away from that of the account holder. Change the contact number away from the account holder. Change the password to the account. Plusnet now sends an email to the account holder saying the password has been changed, except of course the account holder does not get it. If the router is monetarily switched off then on it will have the wrong password so internet is lost. Account holder now cannot easily phone plusnet as does not know password.
Thanks plusnet for taking away my 81 yo mothers internet because the authorised user is mentally abusing my mother . The real worry is my mother, before this happened, telephoned plusnet with her wishes which they logged on her account, then totally ignored her.To add to this, the account holder did not even want this authorised user to be an authorised user.
Oh, and plusnet will not even call my 81 yo mother and tell her what they have done.
Presumably still charging her though.
Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Authorised user warning

Hi briston,
Thank you for the points that you have raised in this message. Unfortunately with this the account holder has authorised this person to be on the account and if they have given there Username and password to access the account then unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about it.
The only thing that I would recommend to do is to get the account holder to contact us and explain the situation and then we can clear them with further data protection questions and then assist them further with this issue.
briston
Aspiring Pro

If only the account holder could speak to you. Because a person who is not the account holder, and not me, has made alterations the real account holder is not able to pass security. Not only this, on the account holders notes there are clear instructions what the account holder wants. PlusNet has ignored them completely. The account holder does not have broadband, is paying. Considering that one of the reasons the account holder should have broadband is support security cameras, the account holder is 81, this situation is disastrous. The situation has now escalated and social services have now contacted the protection team as the account holder now seems to be at risk.
To sum up, you have an account, paid for with money owned by the account holder but PlusNet ignores what the account holder wants. The account holder pays for a service which the account holder cannot access. The account holder seems to be at risk.
What's on your web site?
You can check your bills, broadband usage and itemised phone bill online. It's also easy to get online support through our live chat, set up videos, guides and FAQs. The account holder cannot do any of this
Great.
So before you give a suggestion as to what the account holder should do, customer services would not/could not help the account holder. My 81 year old mother She already tried
Oh and as for my account briston, PlusNet seems to have ignored what I requested and also put on my notes to expect that I will not pay you. not to mention one of your customer service agents said I was not a customer!
The problem is I can back up all I say with evidence from PlusNet. Suppose no one is surprised I am just a tad annoyed. But who cares, you get my money and my mothers.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

In regards to your mother's account, I'm sorry but I'm afraid it is not appropriate for us to discuss an issue like this (that relates to someone else's account) on a public forum like this.
In regards to your account, do you mind confirming what exactly you requested? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to post it in public.
EDIT -
We appreciate that you have some complaints about the actions that the authorised user has taken in regards to this account.
We have clear processes around ensuring that authorised users are only added correctly by the account holder. However, once an authorised user has been added to the account we will take their instructions on behalf of an account holder subject to a number of limitations we put in place to protect the account holder.
There are added complications in respect of this matter which we have explained to you but which out of courtesy to the account holder we do not believe it is appropriate to discuss in a public forum.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The problem here is the way authorised user works. It should work by giving a different user name and password to the authorised password with them able to do everything except change the main portal login password. That would require Plusnet to change the system to have a different password for the radius login to the portal login (even if they defaulted to the same password when the account is created). That way the account holder would never lose control of the account.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
briston
Aspiring Pro

Firstly I agree with spoon whittler entirely
Secondly, HarryB. 'out of courtesy to the account holder' How about letting the account holder what is going on. By the way, do not email the account holder or put the information on the portal as the account holder has no way of accessing it. You have to telephone the account holder and remember she is 81. Plus of course she cannot answer password details.
Whose money are you taking?
briston
Aspiring Pro

As for not discussing my problems in public, my conscience is clear so lets start with PlusNet staying in writing to expect my next direct debit to fail. Thus as I see it you expect me to not pay you. Either that is because PlusNet know they have done wrong or feel I am untrustworthy. Which?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: HarryB
In regards to your account, do you mind confirming what exactly you requested? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to post it in public.

I simply gave you the option to PM me what you had requested if you preferred to.
Do you mind confirming what exactly you requested?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet