cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artificial delay to broadband activation?

rijk

Artificial delay to broadband activation?

I am a new customer on a new phone line (recently reconnnected and activated). My broadband connection is scheduled to go live next Wednesday. But I can see from my router that broadband is already physically active on the line. Why do I have to wait another 5 days for something that's already there? The call centre person I spoke to didn't think activation could be expedited. Why not? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Artificial delay to broadband activation?

If broadband is present on the line (router syncs) that is the first stage out of the way. After that some work has to be done on BTsystems to route the connection to Plusnet's door. This stage is normally done within a day of the first one. After that BT should notify Plusnet that the order is complete. They can then activate the line and your service begins.
If requested Plusnet can activate the line without waiting for order completion - but if they do so and the back office work has not been done you wouldn't be able to use it; however you would start paying for the service at that point. So basically it's your call - if you are willing to take a chance Plusnet can activate your line.
I would be inclined to wait until Saturday and see if you receive notification that your connection is ready. If you don't contact the CSC again (probably the Sales Team) to check the situation with them. Plusnet won't hold up completion until the 'official' date if it is ready sooner.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rijk,
I can see the order is due to complete tomorrow, as spraxyt says we can activate early but 1) we'll not be able to raise any faults until the order is complete (and the training period has finished) and 2) you'll start paying from the date we activate the account. If you're happy with that then please let us know and we'll activate it for you.
rijk

Thanks both for explaining this to me.
Matt, assuming the order will complete and the 'training period' (I'm not really sure what this means) will finish no later than under the scheduled activation conditions, I confirm I am happy for you to activate the account with immediate effect.
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rijk, really sorry I didn't pick this up and activate it for you. Went to have a look at your account and it's activated already (as you're no doubt aware Smiley ) so if there's anything at all we can do to help please let us know.