cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

johnsemple123
Grafter

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Ok anyone want to make sense out of this situation as I'm confused ok so 14th of September I signed up for a new plusnet account on a talk talk phone line thought oh ok going to go smoothly......... anything BUT! The service was activated as planned on the 9th October BUT on the wrong phone line I.E. Plusnet took over a phone line they should not have so plusnet have had to do the order again but due to them taking over the wrong line BT closed the account on the line plusnet should NOT have taken over and gets better plusnet threatning to charge us 208 pounds for terminating the service on the wrong line they activated in the first place! Anyone confused because i sure as hell am here!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

17 REPLIES 17
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hi @johnsemple123

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. Did you sign up over the telephone or website?

Have you contacted our Provisioning team regarding this? The notification of cancellation charges would be waived if you wish to stay with us and have the correct line taken over. 

Kind Regards

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@OllieC wrote:

Have you contacted our Provisioning team regarding this? The notification of cancellation charges would be waived if you wish to stay with us and have the correct line taken over. 

And the justification for the customer to fund rectification of a plusnet error is?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @MauriceC 

Whilst we can appreciate your comment, it's jumping to conclusions. If there is more than one line at premises, it is possible to take over the incorrect one. Sometimes, it can be that the line is registered incorrectly. Cancellation fee notifications would go out automatically if we cancel the line or the customer wishes to leave altogether. We can waive these fees by taking over the correct line but your comment is surmising the customers is going to be left holding a bill for us to fix the issue which isn't the case. 

We'll wait for an update from @johnsemple123 

Thank you.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Right where we are we done all of this online erm we specifically mentioned a phone number and through the process was shown pictures (as BT sent a letter advising that the line that should have not been taken over was going to be taken over) concerns were raised but was advised by BT to ignore it obviously that didn't happen as plusnet took the line over anyway i have been advised that the 208 pounds charge was a error and ignore it but i have noticed that the well effectively temporary line that the broadband is on is way below the minimum speeds that we should apparently be getting I've uploaded a attachment to prove that erm apparently plusnet will put the service on the correct line but when got no idea and noticed that apparently they've moved the phone service to the line that they should have taken over well at least i think honestly don't know where I'm coming or going with the company
johnsemple123
Grafter

Screenshot_20191018-081454_Chrome.jpg

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @johnsemple123 can you please private message me your new account username and full home address details so we can have a look into the status of your order and handle your query on this support channel.

Please comment on this thread post once you have PM'd me.

Many thanks..

johnsemple123
Grafter

PM sent

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @johnsemple123 

I'm very sorry to see the confusion and issues you've had when trying to transfer your TalkTalk line into us. I've just added a reply to your comments on the ticket Here however I can see that this is in hand with our complaints management team on the ticket Here and they'll follow through until this is 100% resolved.

Apologies for the experience you've had, feel free to post back if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnsemple123
Grafter

It's got EVEN better! you'll love this one folks! despite the fact I was TOLD the service would be active on the CORRECT line monday........................I now get told that the service has NOT been prositioned and could take 10 working days to fix this! Absolutely beyond a joke why i've been lied to AGAIN!

johnsemple123
Grafter

Now been told there's a fault apparently on the line (even if there is a ringtone and a number assigned to the phone line in question) swear to god wish I'd never changed the hassle has been unbelieveable

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @johnsemple123, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that this is the case.

On checking the file, we can see that one of our managers has taken ownership of this issue and has arranged for another manager to call you the day after the engineers visit to resolve your complaint.

Please let the Social Media Team know if you need anything further in the meantime.

johnsemple123
Grafter

FINALLY we are sorted. had a engineer out on saturday and thngs we're done. The broadband is working the way we need it to be and well seems it's all resolved at long last so hopeful this is the end of it

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hello @johnsemple123,

We are happy to hear that your connection is back up to where it should be and we would ask that you update the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
johnsemple123
Grafter

Re: Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

WELL! I thought this whole chaotic situation was sorted..............THEN I looked and seen the bill plusnet produced.........................this company have charged us £148.71 for a early termination charge when the account has NOT been closed down and the service is running fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what the hell is going on now