cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any deals for previous customers?

Ady2020

Are there any deals for previous customers?

I recently moved house and as my contract had already expired on my previous house we cancelled it. This was only 2 weeks ago. We are however now struggling to find a good new deal to sign up with plusnet as a new customer. As we have been a plusnet customer since 2012 and have been paying the full price for some time I would have expected a reasonable deal. Somebody promised to call me back but they never did. The current deals on the website have gone up in price over the last few days, there is no cash-back and I am getting stung for a £50 installation charge.

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Are there any deals for previous customers?

@Ady2020 

Hi

If PN won't give you an acceptable deal then you should find a better deal elsewhere and get PN to match or better it.

Dave

zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you go to broadbandchoices comparison site they have plus.net on offer with a £75 reward card for signing up.

If you go to a cashback site like topcashback they list broadbandchoices as maybe giving £20 cashback if you buy through them.

So if you went through topcashback then broadbandchoices and then plus.net you might end up with around £100 cashback. But it doesn't always work, especially topcashback...

Anyway that was just the quickly looking at the first comparison site I though of quickly. There are lots of similar sites with different deals for plus.net. The deal on the plus.net homepage does not mean there are not cheaper deals indirectly. Whether you can haggle with retention's as a new customer I have no idea, I haven't heard of it but maybe?

Good luck.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Ady2020 wrote:

As we have been a plusnet customer since 2012 and have been paying the full price for some time I would have expected a reasonable deal. Somebody promised to call me back but they never did.

Such expectation are somewhat hopeful.  Invariably new customers have had better deals than those available to existing customers.

As for having missed a promotion, promotions come, promotions go and promotions return.  If such merry-go-rounds did not exist, business could not claim "Was £x now £y - save £z".  Best bet is to phone COTS direct.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.