cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any deals for existing customers?

TooManyPies
Grafter

Are there any deals for existing customers?

I'm currently on the Value package paying £6.49 per month (not for long) and am considering moving the phone to Plusnet and going for unlimited broadband. Are there any deals on offer to entice me to move everything to Plusnet? It would certainly influence my decision when considering alternative providers.
11 REPLIES 11
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Are there any deals for existing customers?

you just told them you are moving anyways, so i doubt they will offer you anything now Tongue Id have atleast said you were thinking of moving
TooManyPies
Grafter

Did I? I thought I implied that I am considering my options to combine phone and broadband provider not that I'm moving, although I may do.
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TooManyPies,
I'd recommend giving our Customer Options team a call, I'd be surprised if they weren't able to offer you something you found very tempting Smiley
TooManyPies
Grafter

All sorted now thanks. New 18 month contract.
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Interesting ... so one has to call someone to get a deal .. implying that all existing customers who do not call are beiung short-changed .... maybe this is why my phone no longer works ...    "awaiting  support team answer"
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It's hardly likely to have caused your telephone fault but I'm sure it could be argued that special discounts for some customers (new customer offers and retention deals) must be subsidised by other customers.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
76nil
Grafter

My contract finishes at the end of this month and phoned to see what deals were available to existing customers.  I know what is being offered to new customers and also that as a new customer I could get £39.90 cash back.  When I phoned was told that there was  a small discount available but because of price increases my monthly payments for the same service will be £3 per month more (assuming I pay for a years line rental in advance so this is not part of the extra).  When I told the man about the cash back he said that the cash back site pays this, which is totally wrong.  All cash back is paid by the company that you 'click' through to.  Do wish the customer service people would get their facts straight.
Still thinking about moving to another provider as I have done this several times before and it is easy, just requires a couple of phone calls.  I always change insurance companies and banks regularly to make best use of 'new' customer offers.
khaled35
Rising Star

Must admit, I'm feeling a little aggrieved! Only just called to signup to FTTC last week and was not offered a deal.  I didn't even ask for one since I thought it was only available to new customers.  Got put on a new 18 month contract however.
So Plusnet, what can you guys offer someone who has already signed on for FTTC and is awaiting installation?
Regards
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

They won't offer a deal unless you ask (and there's a possibility that you'll go elsewhere if you don't get a deal), that's how it works.  If everyone got offered a good deal then the prices would have to go up again to cover the discounts!
I'd much prefer to see the discounting stopped and everyone benefiting from 'good honest pricing'.
If new customers can get unlimited fibre for £7 off for 9 out of 18 months then they should be able to offer all customers £3.50 off instead.  Roll_eyes
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@khaled35
If you contact the Residential Customer Options/Retentions Team on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 (or via 0800 432 0200) they might well be able to offer you something even though your new contract is just beginning.
David
76nil
Grafter

I totally agree with W23; fair pricing for all customers not just great offers to get new ones.  Surely it is cheaper to keep existing customers rather that to be always giving money to attract new ones.  I make quite a bit of money changing insurances/banks/power companies etc every year but would much rather they rewarded loyalty.