cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the advertised prices for new customers only?

riccardo2
Grafter

Are the advertised prices for new customers only?

Hi guys,

a simple question on this prices: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

Are those for new customers only or also for existing customers?
I can't track down any small text saying the common "New customers only" or "after 18 month 1 million/day".

Somewhere I read a note saying that upgrading from the customer area you can save the 25 pound fee of activation.

So, I login into the customer area, click "Change product", it shows the "fibre extra" for 18-month contract... but the price  is 19.99+17.99 =~38 instead of 30 for the same product! Undecided

So it does seem that existing customers pay the upgrade more than the standard price.

Did I miss something?

14 REPLIES 14
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Are the advertised prices for new customers only?

Try ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving) and you may be offered a better deal.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

riccardo2
Grafter

The weird fact is that with Plusnet it's easier to leave than upgrade Huh

Instead of calling the customer options wasting 1 hour just to get the same price a new customer have without calling anyone, it's quicker to go elsewhere picking a special offer for 12/18 months, and doing the same thing at the end of contract. This way you also renew the router tipically for free or so.
( despite for me the PS hub looks like a first aid kit and it's more a deterrent than a reward for upgrading ).

This world has got a wrong way. It's all upside down.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@riccardo2 if you are leaving due to the price increase and are in contract  , you need to call or write to PN advising of this  (30 days from email)  other wise if you just leave without telling them, you will have early termination fees to pay. 

Upgrading from the members area, just give the standard price , the price on the main website is new customer prices only , but as Mav says ring customer options , see what they can offer you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@riccardo2 wrote:

I can't track down any small text saying the common "New customers only" or "after 18 month 1 million/day".

Did I miss something?

Yes.new-customer-pricing.png

The 19.99 is the standard price, payable after the fixed-term lower price ends.

Baza
Hooked

Beware, I've just had my second bill with plusnet and they are increasing my package by £1 not a lot I know, but I'm now going to be paying more than I was at Virgin, and as it's an 18 month contract does my right to leave free, expire with this rise, leaving me at their mercy for the next 16 months, I'm ringing round tomorrow Talk Talk seems cheaper, Sky say no rises for the length of contract, I would advise you to do the same

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Baza due to prise rise you can leave penalty free if you wish, you have 30 days to notify PlusNet of this from when you got/get the price rise email. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

or you use plusnet webchat and speak to someone on their in a couple of minutes. I did this explained I was considering leaving due to the price increase and within a minute was offered the same deal new customers are currently getting for fibre unlimited. Just need to make sure when you are selecting reason for using webchat you pick im thinking of leaving or whatever it's called.

Baza
Hooked

Thanks, I phoned and got a deal

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

@riccardo2 wrote:

Hi guys,

a simple question on this prices: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

Are those for new customers only or also for existing customers?

As ejs had advised, those offers are for new customers only.

@riccardo2 wrote:
So, I login into the customer area, click "Change product", it shows the "fibre extra" for 18-month contract... but the price  is 19.99+17.99 =~38 instead of 30 for the same product! Undecided

So it does seem that existing customers pay the upgrade more than the standard price.

Did I miss something?

Sorry to hear that. As Mav has advised, if you contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2) I'm sure we'll be able to provide you with the best deal we possibly can. At the time of writing this there is only a 5 minute call queue, though usually there is absolutely no wait time for this department.

The usual opening hours are below (note that today they're open until 7pm)

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
riccardo2
Grafter

My bad about the "new customers only"... I didn't see in the header... I was looking were generally is, close to the specific offer.

And by the way, were do I find the price when the offer ends?

fibre76.jpg

riccardo2
Grafter

I'm out of contract since April 2015 Smiley

When the contract ended nobody ask me anything and so did I, so I'm on a monthly contract since then.

If the 76/20 is 38 (both for new customers at the end of the offer, and for old customers from start) I'm better off keeping my monthly contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For Unlimited Fibre Extra, the standard cost is £19.99 per month. Add line rental of £17.99 to that and it would bring it to £37.99. Add £1 from 29th June to account for the price refresh communication.

We have numerous competitive retention deals. I'd highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on the above details, as I'm confident we'll be able to offer you a better deal than the standard cost.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
riccardo2
Grafter

Hi Gandalf, a few questions...

1) Upgrading to 76/19, do you send the PS Hub?

2) In any case, if you send the PS HUB, can I keep going with the Openreach modem + Technicolor router that you sent me for 50/9? I mean basically: could one be kept as a backup equipment in case one breaks?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@riccardo2 wrote:

Hi Gandalf, a few questions...

No problems.

@riccardo2 wrote:

1) Upgrading to 76/19, do you send the PS Hub?

If you're referring to the Plusnet Hub One, we'd send one out of part of a new contract. All we'd ask you to pay is the postage and packaging of £6.99. Contacting our Customer Options Team is the best way to arrange this.

@riccardo2 wrote:

2) In any case, if you send the PS HUB, can I keep going with the Openreach modem + Technicolor router that you sent me for 50/9? I mean basically: could one be kept as a backup equipment in case one breaks?

Yep.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet