cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are price increase emails still being sent out?

Essexboy48
Hooked

Are price increase emails still being sent out?

I discovered the price increase "by accident"...

Allow me to explain that statement, I have a minor fault with my connection, nothing serious just annoying, so I logged into the website to raise a ticket and I saw the price increase "banner" which has now disappeared for some reason.

As yet, I've had no notification email, I still have about 8 months of my contract left to run, so I was wondering when (if) I'm going to get the email.

10 REPLIES 10
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Are price increase emails still being sent out?

As I understand it, the price increase notification e-mails are sent out in batches; I got mine on 18th April.  The increase takes effect from the first billing date that falls on or after the 5th June.

darsuke
Dabbler

I predict mine is coming this Tuesday Tongue

Try find your tickets in your account, view the closed tickets, and you might find it in there with a future date to go out.

That's where mine was Cool_smiley

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@darsuke - nice idea - but nothing in my closed questions and I haven't rec'd an email yet!!

ask66
Dabbler

Our email arrived this afternoon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

We're still sending out the price refresh e-mails. I believe, they're going out in batches.

It should be at least 30 days before the 5th June so there's still time.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
G3WYP
Rising Star

I received my email last week showing an increase of £1 but giving caller ID free instead of 99p also increase in broadband speed so having to give serious consideration as to whether I can afford to stay with Plusnet!!!!!!!

Think I can cope with 1p increase.

Derek

Essexboy48
Hooked

I'll look forward to it arriving then, need a change from the male improvement tablet offers and that nice Nigerian lady offering me a few quid...  Smiley

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Well, its May 1st and I still haven't had an email with a price rise !

Doesn't matter too much as my ALR comes up for renewal in June and I'm now out of minimum term on b/band deal ,so I'll be talking to Retentions in a few weeks time anyway.Wink-especially as Sky have been chasing - offered u/l b/band, rental plus anytime calls for £24 so far.......

Essexboy48
Hooked

Finally got mine on Sunday, although I get the increase, my exchange is also being re-graded to a low cost one.

I'm currently on the unlimited extra package, even though we can't get more than 36Mb d/l, only had the extra because of the stupid 2Mb upload cap on unlimited.

Spoke to retentions on Monday, downgrading me from unlimited extra to the standard unlimited package they would only offer me £2/mth discount, I pushed a bit harder and got an extra £1.50/mth off the price but only if I take out a new 18 month contract - I don't really want to be tied in for another 18 months.

I said let me consider the offer and get back to them. The lady promised me a call-back on Tuesday - guess what, the call didn't come, so to pinch an old catchphrase "It's goodnight from me & it's goodnight from him..."

Essexboy48
Hooked

Just to add....

While researching for deals, I've just come across an interesting bit of info, we have an anytime call plan included (house out in the sticks with dodgy mobile coverage) and it appears that when I pushed for a better deal (the extra £1.50/mth off) the monthly total price is exactly the same as they charge after any offers - therefore, if I'd have taken the first offer, I'd still be paying more than everybody else.

Needless to say, I'm less than impressed with customer service like that!!

PS: It's now nearly Thursday morning & still no call back.