cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are current customers eligible for new offers?

OneTwoMark

Are current customers eligible for new offers?

I wan't to upgrade to fibre. And currently there's an offer for unlimited fibre at 3.75 per month for the first 6 months. However when i choose change product in my account settings, it says the regular 15 a month. And if i just use the main page while logged in to click the offer i get an error..
11 REPLIES 11
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Are current customers eligible for new offers?

Hi welcome to the forum OneTwoMark Smiley
Ring the Customer Options Team
0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197
8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday
You should be able to get a deal from them , especially if your out of contract . You don't get any offers by upgrading online.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daro2096
Grafter

Quote from: OneTwoMark
I wan't to upgrade to fibre. And currently there's an offer for unlimited fibre at 3.75 per month for the first 6 months. However when i choose change product in my account settings, it says the regular 15 a month. And if i just use the main page while logged in to click the offer i get an error..

Those prices are for new customers only.
I have just upgraded to 40mb fibre and the best they could do for me was £10 a month for 24 months, £14.99 per month there after.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

But £3.75 for 6 months, then £14.99 for the remaining 12 months of the contract saves  £67,44 over the life of the 18 month contract. £10 per month for 24 months saves £89.82 over 18 months so the net saving is better.
David
daro2096
Grafter

delete.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

You'd probably get a better offer if you called our customer options team rather than upgraded online. Whilst the contract would be different to what new customers receive, you may receive a better net saving as spraxyt points out.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mkjohns
Dabbler

I done just that and got my offer paying more than I was paying now  and then
no better deal than a new person dose been with plusnet  for 2years mite be time to look about there's no point in been loyal if they dont offer you a bit extra to keep you.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is that just a comparison of monthly charge, or taking into account the cost over the life of the contract (allowing for cash back)?
David
mkjohns
Dabbler

offer 1 pay more £5.50 a month for 18m for ADSL offer 2 take the same offer they have on now for a new customer who takes ADSL and no new router
bobxall

Yep, I'm trying to get latest package - not a deal, but just fibre+ eve/w/e calls, instead of old package fibre & pay for calls, and there's a daft excuse that I pay line rental annually so PN can't do it.  I bet they can.
mkjohns
Dabbler

Quote from: mkjohns
offer 1 pay more £5.50 a month for 18m for ADSL offer 2 take the same offer they have on now for a new customer who takes ADSL and no new router
the offers are bad  they need a rethink on how to keep customers they have.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

@bobxall

Hi, if you call the Customer Options Team on 0330 123 9197, Monday to Friday  8am-8pm, Saturdays 9am-7pm & Sundays 9am-6pm, they will be able to go through the existing customer offers that do produce a better net saving over the contract length. If a new router is required then just a one off charge for p&p of £5.99 will be applicable once a new deal is agreed.
Thanks
Ben B