cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet interested in keeping customers?

FIXED
MiniEmma
Dabbler

Are PlusNet interested in keeping customers?

My contract ends at the end of this month and I received an email with a phone number to call to get a new fixed price deal.

At first they wouldn't even give me the new customer deal but after 3 calls I eventually found someone who agreed but I didn't go for it straight away as I hadn't done a full comparison yet so they emailed me the price by creating a ticket.

I replied to the ticket asking if my referral would be taken off as it is a new referral and my first ever and it currently shows as N/A.  This was over a week ago and I have had no reply and now the phone number on the email doesn't appear to work anymore!

Having done a spreadsheet it seems that (after cashback (yes I know that's not guaranteed)) PlusNet are actually the most expensive over an 18 month contract.  Can anyone here tell me the correct time to leave to avoid early termination fees please?

Dare I move to Sky?

10 REPLIES 10
MiniEmma
Dabbler

Re: Are PlusNet interested in keeping customers?

Wow! Having read a few threads on here it looks like I might be better off going elsewhere!

cannonball
Hooked

I rang up to get a new deal as my contract runs out shortly. But the guy at the other end was very arrangant and unpleasant and told me to ring again later. I have been a loyal customer for nearly 6 years, but after this I am moving elsewhere when my contract runs out early in the new year. They used to be really good in the early days but now since I believe that BT own them I have had enough of them. Plus I am getting overcharged as I can now get far cheaper deals.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MiniEmma and @cannonball,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've both had when discussing your options for contract renewal options. This certainly doesn't sound like the level of service that we aim to provide and I'll pass on feedback about this.

@MiniEmma I've had a look into your queries about your referral and the early termination fees. As my response contains account specific information, I've added this as a ticket on your account which you can view here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MiniEmma
Dabbler

@EmilyD in your PM/ticket you say,:

I've checked on your current contract and this is due to end on 01/01/19 so there would be no penalty if you were to place an order to transfer to a different provider or if you were to give your 14 days notice to cancel your services outright.

So I went ahead and started a move to NOW but have just received this email:

Your phone service will transfer automatically on 9th January 2019 and will result in the cancellation of your phone contract.

Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £11.29

cannonball
Hooked

Whats going on here, I have now got an email saying they are going to cancel my contract on 1 jan 2019, I have NOT cancelled my contract as it still  has 3 months to go. Plusnet are really getting things in a twist here.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi MiniEmma@

I'm really sorry for the wording in the notification. The charge of £11.29 would be a pro rata charge.

You are leaving after your contract end date which means our none discounted rate, Divided by 30 and then times by the days you are with us.

I hope this helps.

Hi cannonball@

We're really sorry to hear that you have received a leaving notification.

As this account specific we have created a ticket for you here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance as we are more than happy to help.

Thank you.

MiniEmma
Dabbler

Thanks @OllieC your reply makes sense and thank you for the apology about the wording of the notification.

BUT

I have just been billed £41.73....

So, notification badly worded but correctly calculated for 9 days supply followed by a bill for the full month.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @MiniEmma, thanks for getting back in touch.

I've updated you via the open support ticket on the account., You can view this here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MiniEmma
Dabbler

The reply I received is as follows:

I apologise for the confusion there has been. Once your services migrate away from us on 09/01/2019 a final invoice will be generated which will include any pro rata refunds due back to yourself between the period of 01/01/2019 to to 01/02/2019.

If you are going to charge me the full month,  what was the point of the poorly worded notification that had already calculated the pro rata charge? 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us MiniEmma@,

Your final bill is calculated 30 days after your services cease.

We have had a billing update which has caused certain updates to go out earlier or later than normal. On occasion some bills have been incorrect. Please allow your final bill to be calculated as per the 30 days after cease. If you feel the billing is incorrect regarding your pro rata or what is actually due, please give us a shout at that point as we can then look into this in more detail for you.

Thank you.