cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approaching Peak Limit

pgh13

Approaching Peak Limit

Due to a heavy workload and confounded by connection problems for the last couple of weeks my peak usage has been heavier than usual. The connection problem is reported as fixed but the graph shows there have been quite a few outages. Last evening I received 3 emails within 4 hours warning me that my peak usage had reached 12.7GB, 14.5GB and 17.4GB respectively and warning of 'increased restrictions' on connection speeds. I asked support if, in the light of the connection problems, and the fact that the counter resets on 19th if this could be avoided but that, apparently, is not within their remit. Is there any leeway in situations like this?
TIA
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Approaching Peak Limit

Hi there,
An easy way around this could be upgrading to one of our newer packages like unlimited which would actually be cheaper than your current account type. Usually we'd do this on the next billing date but given the circumstances I can arrange for that to be done straight away.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pgh13

Thanks for the response; I also placed an order this morning to upgrade to fibre + calls. That's supposed to happen next Thursday 21st Feb.
pgh13

And some fell on stony ground....... 'The highest level of restrictions will now apply to your connection. '
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, if you want to upgrade to unlimited in the meantime I can do that separately so just let me know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pgh13

As I said, I've already ordered unlimited! What I was asking was if the bandwidth restriction could be avoided in the light of;
1)I've ordered an upgrade as was suggested
'Here's the date you've chosen for an engineer to install your new Plusnet Fibre service:21/02/2013 AM'
2) it only affects a few days as the counter for my old product resets on Tuesday anyway.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think you've misunderstood me Smiley I'm offering to change to unlimited before the upgrade to fibre, which should remove the restriction.
I'll do it anyway as I can't imagine you'd say no Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pgh13

That's great! Thanks for your help
nomis74

I'm leaving Plusnet because of this reason. I'm running on 0.2Meg peak times. No-one seemed interested in Plusnet support. All of a sudden when I go to cancel they were helpfull because they wanted me to stay. When I said I was leaving anyway they now started to get awkward again. I now have to put up with a useless service for the next two weeks until I am switched.