cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer service from Plusnet after closing account

Ihu55ain
Hooked

Appalling customer service from Plusnet after closing account

I was forced to reluctantly leave plusnet after being a customer for nearly 6 years! Always made payments in full on time.
Plusnet closed my account on 20/11/19. Sent me a final bill on 10/12/19 which I queried on 12/12/19. I tried several times to make an one off card payment online (via the member centre portal) but getting a system error, was unable to get through to plusnet customer service due to long call hold times and after finally reaching someone on the phone on 01/01/20 was told that the unpaid bill has been sent to the debit collection agency to chase!
What a disgrace!
Plusnet made no attempt to contact me via post or phone and immediately passed the debt to a 3rd party for me to now deal with.
Great customer service guys!! So much for loyal service!!
6 REPLIES 6
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Appalling customer service from Plusnet after closing account

Hi @lhu55ain, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your account. I've taken a look into this and provided further information here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Amgmaniac

My debit card was updated 3 months ago and after speaking to an advisor I changed to Direct Debit...............or thought I had. Another "failed payment" well it would be, the card is no more, the direct debit apparently wasn't set up. What really annoys the hell out of me is that they ask for immediate payment (Not a problem) BUT they limit access to their site, it's absolutely ridiculous. I've made an online payment via the new card as I did previously but am still restricted from arranging the DD myself. I could understand it if other uses were restricted but why the hell would they restrict usage of their own site, just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm genuinely considering migrating to another ISP to save this hassle every month. Sort it out Plusnet!!

Ihu55ain
Hooked

@abails0105 

Thank you for your message however it seems that you guys add new information every time!
Now I am being told that the final invoice has to be via phone than paying online. Why wasn't any of this information relayed to me earlier?
I must point out that from 12/12/19 and 31/12/19 I made 4 attempts to contact plusnet billing (via phone) but unable to get though to anyone. You guys have completely disregarded the fact that it was a busy period leading to end of 2019 and to then include the public holidays (25/12-26/12) as part of the "14-day grace period" to make the final is inconsiderate.
You keep mentioning about the 17/12/19 service notice which was supposedly emailed to me - which I never received - please prove otherwise. Plusnet had both my contact telephone number and postal address why didn't plusnet make other attempts to contact me?

According to your own cancellation policy here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/ under https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/#final-payments
plusnet failed to write to my registered account address. A service notice (only accessible via the plusnet membership portal) cannot be constituted as written notice. Sure you should have written to me via my postal or phone.

I do not dispute the outstanding december bill payment due to plusnet and fine to settle the bill directly with plusnet...not with some debt collection agency.

I wish to take my complaint further.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Ihu55ain,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see Alice has responded to you over the open complaint ticket that is on the account here. Once you have responded with the required information we'll be able to progress this for you.

Thanks.

Ihu55ain
Hooked

Hi @Mads 

I have replied to @abails0105 and awaiting a reply.

thanks

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

My colleague has responded to the open ticket on the account. Please let us know if we can assist further. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team