cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service

Grandpadragon

Appalling Service

I have been with Plus net for several years, indeed I got a friend to join as well. I was happy with the service. In  December 15 I upgraded to Fibre on 18 month contract. Our circumstances changed and we sold our property, and we are living in our Static caravan whilst a new property is built. When I first approached PlusNet I was told that if I carried on paying when I got a line into my new property the accounts dept computer would know and would credit me for the time I didn't use it. So on 3rd June we asked for service to stop. In July I checked about the credit and was told that I would have to pay the full 18months if I wanted to cancel.  later in July I got the email about price increase and it's chance to cancel " Without Penalty" so I  took it and phoned and the  person I spoke to was unhelpful and told me  I would have to phone to pay the final bill not on line . Her confirmation email included the final bill which had a £30 cessation charge Why? cancellation was supposed to be charge free. The email also said if I didn't pay the account would be passed to a debt collector! Do you think threatening me like that is conducive to keeping my custom?  I have phoned 3 times this week but given up after 35 minutes I have to drive 2 miles to get a mobile signal. Please give me an email address so I can give you account details  Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Appalling Service

If you have easy access to the internet why not use their chat online service. It's surprisingly easy to use I've found.

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Grandpadragon

Thanks for the suggestion but it says not available. Everything keeps trying to get me to go to the member centre I can't log in as they have deleted my alias and mail box .There are lots of other things but just trying to get the main points sorted

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

They have a fb site as well, always more than one way to skin a cat! Hope you get it sorted.

https://www.facebook.com/plusnet/?fref=ts

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Grandpadragon

if you have any ad blockers/javascript /ghostery add ons , you will need to disable them before using Chat.

I just tried the link provided above and it says Chat is available but then I have switched off ad blocking for Plusnet websites.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

They have a fb site as well, always more than one way to skin a cat! Hope you get it sorted.

https://www.facebook.com/plusnet/?fref=ts

You can also tweet PN support.

Both of which will end up in the hands of the same people, which are the same people who patrol these forums.

@Grandpadragon - The original suggestion was to provide you with a house move, which we'd have put on hold for a lengthy amount of time. This was likely to have been the easiest method.

Now that the account is cancelled, as per my colleague's comment here, the cessation fees are still applicable.

Hope this clarifies.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Grandpadragon

Hello Matty,

Thank you for responding, I agree that a house move suspended for some time would have been what I wanted, but I was never offered it!. How can I be so certain? because I asked for it. My daughter moved earlier this year and Sky gave her what they referred to as a holiday. What I was told was that if I continued to pay When a new line was put in I would be credited for the time with no service, but when I checked was told No! pay full amount of contract or keep paying monthly. As it would be more cost effective to come back to you after say 4 months (contract ran until 8/2017) so when you offered to let me cancel because of price increase I took it  Please tell me if I can settle on line a the last person I spoke to said I had to pay on the phone. I am in temporary accommodation have no land line and have to drive 2 miles to get mobile signal so despite flakey wifi prefer that

Thank you