cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to cancel without messing about on phone as paying over the odds now

FIXED
marklola82

Anyway to cancel without messing about on phone as paying over the odds now

Hi there I was wondering if there is a way to close our account without having to mess about on the phone as waiting way too long.

Been with plusnet for a while now not had any issues but our package ran out quite some time ago and its now a ridiculous £49 I think it was something like £28.99 when we got it. there is a section in my account saying I can renew for a lower price FROM £32.99 but when I click it its actually £41 we have the any calls to landline and mobile package, but I can get the same from EE and its a total of £31 and I get 5gb data extra on my phone though that's just a added bonus

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Anyway to cancel without messing about on phone as paying over the odds now

@marklola82 Just apply to EE - transfers are Gaining Provider Led - in other words, they do all the work for you.

Just check your account for any cancellation fees &c.

John
marklola82

oh I see, I read on google that you still had to cancel with current provider, so is this just like changing over mobile providers sign up with a new one and the new provider sorts it all out ?

Hope there is no other fee`s as the contract I had with plusnet was up months ago prob mid last year. Its mum who pays it but I signed up with my email etc

id stay with plusnet but can not be doing with phone calls and their offer on my account is £10 dearer, its a shame though as they have a cheap offer for new customers lol

marklola82

I forgot to ask too would it still switch over all ok with the EE being all in my name, as this one with plusnet is in my mums and comes out her bank but I am going to take over and pay for phone and fibre so its less money they have to pay out each month

jab1
Legend

Your Google information is way out of date - moves have been GPL for ages.

John
jab1
Legend

Fix

@marklola82 wrote:

I forgot to ask too would it still switch over all ok with the EE being all in my name, as this one with plusnet is in my mums and comes out her bank but I am going to take over and pay for phone and fibre so its less money they have to pay out each month

Ooops, that may be a problem - it would be easier if you did the transfer in your mums name (in fact that is the only safe way), and then reimbursed your mum?

John
marklola82

I think I will have to do it that way, I assume it could be a issue. I shall do that

thank you for the help I appreciate it Cheesy

jab1
Legend

No problem, @marklola82 - glad to help.

Maybe when you have completed the transfer, you could amend the payment details?

John