cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime call package price increase

Crimson
Grafter

Anytime call package price increase

I telephoned Plusnet about the anytime call package price increase which I now understand is an add on.  I tried to reply to the question but it was closed and I was too late. I could not see where to ask a question.

Although I cannot leave penalty free, as the add on does not count, I was told I could cancel my call package (going up to £8.50 per month from 03 December) at anytime penalty free as it is an add on. I hope it is O.K. to ask in the context of this thread:

If I cancel my anytime call package, can I, with my line rental still in place, l make up to 60 minute 'free' included calls to other Plusnet landline rental 'users' - Plusnet to Plusnet - and continue  have unlimited incoming calls on my landline.?'  If that is possible, although I would need to work it out, it may, after the price increase, be cheaper for me not to have the calls package.

I was told my line rental renwal in March 2020 will not be at the increased price but will cost the same as my last line saver renewal - does that sound right, thanks?

Crimson (Please don't confuse me with similar sounding  Crimsom)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Thread title edited to reflect issue after splitting to it's own thread.
10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Anytime call package price increase

Moderator's note(s):

Post split to its own thread from https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/December-price-increase/m-p/1679652 for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Crimson
Grafter

I'm so sorry - I don't understand where to see ?2 replies.  I received the emails and logged in.  Something to do with split topic.  I apologise as not sure if I am using the forum properly.

Crimson

Mav

@Crimson 

No problem. As the thread you posted in was marked as 'Read' I moved your post to its own thread.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Crimson
Grafter

I'm useless at this, sorry.  Where do I find the new place my post is, please?

Mav

@Crimson 

This is the correct thread and you will see your original post at the top.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Crimson 

To answer your queries 😀

1. You will still be able to make free calls  to other PN customers 

2. You will continue to have unlimited incoming calls to your landline

3. The line rental saver, which costs £197.88 will be increasing to £209.88.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Crimson
Grafter

Thanks very much for the helpful reply. I appreciate it.   If my call was recorded it will be heard that I was told my line rental renewal, whether annual saver or paid monthly, at renewal in March 2020 will be at last year's price.

Although I didn't  misunderstand, I thought it didn't  sound right.  Thanks for clarifying.  I wonder why I was told that.

Crimson

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Crimson,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'd just like to confirm the line rental saver issue you've mentioned - the below info has been lifted from our knowledge base articles on the price refresh:

"If LRS expires but the customer is still in a fixed price contract, line rental/LRS will cost the same as when their fixed price contract began "

I hope this provides a more clear explanation, however, if you need further support give us a nudge.

Ta.

Crimson
Grafter

That sounds good and is like the information I was given when I telephoned.  So, hopefully this is right:  When my March 2000 line rental saver renewal date arrives I can renew at the current rate and if, at that time, I only want to pay line rental monthly, it will still be at this year's rate.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Crimson

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @Crimson.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks