Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime call package but still being charged for calls

greengrass
Grafter

Anytime call package but still being charged for calls

Hello,

I spoke to an advisor and signed up for anytime calls on the 17th of January.

I am being charged £8 a month for that call plan which is showing up in my Itemised bill payment summary for 17/01/2017 to 16/02/2017.

I did receive this confirmation e-mail on the 17th January 2017.

"This is to confirm Your new unlimited calls with 2000 mobiles minuteswill start on your next billing date 17/01/2017

Kind regards,"

But I am still being charged for calls, 3 are showing up for yesterday, 2 national calls and one 0345.

Can you please look into this.

11 REPLIES 11
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Anytime call package but still being charged for calls

Hi @greengrass

Looking at your account, we sent an email through on the date your requested this change confirming when the change of call plan will go through.

You can also view this email via your account here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=302430622

I've also checked your invoice to make sure that you haven't been charged for this before activation and can confirm that you have not.

We don't want you to get any surprises in your bill so please keep in mind that any calls you make between now and the date on that email will be charged at the normal rates.

Please accept my apologies for any confusion.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
greengrass
Grafter

I am confused, I have been using the phone because of this message.

"This is to confirm Your new unlimited calls with 2000 mobiles minuteswill start on your next billing date 17/01/2017

Kind regards,"

Now you tell me that wont start until 17th February 2017.  So why am I being charged £8 already?

It is already showing as a charge for this month.

I also do not understand from the link in you last post cost "New monthly cost: £25.99"

My new monthly cost was agreed to be £8.99 for anytime calls and caller display. No charge for BB.

I have paid my line rental in advance which does not end until 17th March 2016.

A PN operative is supposed to call me after February 20th and I was going to pay 12 months line rental in advance starting 17th March 2016.

"I would be delighted to offer you the following: Unlimited Broadband service: £0.00 for 12 months then £9.99 Line rental: £185.88 annually * Call plan: £8.00 per month caller display £0.99 Total £8.99 per month on a new 12 month contract"

As per this thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Line-rental-saver-rennewal-reminder/m-p/1406161#M24...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your private message @greengrass

As you pay for your broadband, line rental and call plans in advance, I can confirm that you will not be charged the £8.00 for your call plan until your next billing date the 17th February which is when the call plan will become active.

Apologies for the confusion. The agent you spoke to that left the ticket you pasted above, advised of the incorrect start date. We did send an automated service notice by email, as linked by my colleague above, when the call plan was scheduled to advise of all the necessary information.

However, because I incorrectly and mistakenly confirmed in your other thread that your call plan would start from January, I have arranged for any call charges you have incurred from the 17th January to 19th January to be refunded back to yourself once the invoice has been generated and paid.

Once again, apologies for this and I have confirmed with the sales adviser that they will be calling you on the 20th February to arrange the new contract.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
greengrass
Grafter

Thank-you for your reply and apology, I certainly did not want to blame anyone. You have been helpful.

After the e-mail from PN I did try to reply to confirm one way or another if the call plan was effective from 17/01/2016 but received an automated response saying the e-mail address was not manned so asked you.

So let me see if I have understood things correctly now, the £8 that is showing on the invoice from 17/01/2017 will be refunded along with the calls I made between 17 and 19 January after I have paid the invoice next month?

Any calls I make between 19 Jan and 17th Feb will be charged to me as normal.

From 17/02/2017 I will be able to use the anytime call plan.

When the PN operative telephones me after the 20th February, I will pay 12 months line rental in advance which will start on 17th March 2017 when my current 12 month contract ends so as not to lose a month of my current contract.

After th£185:88 has been paid, per month I will be charged

£8 for anytime calls

99p for caller display, like the last e-mail stated not the first e-mail which stated.

"New monthly cost £25:99,

New contract period: monthly.

This change will happen on the 17th February 2017".

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yeah, except you haven't been charged £8 for your call plan on the 17th January. You'll be charged once it goes live on the 17th February.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
greengrass
Grafter

Thank-you for the time and effort you put into resolving this.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem Smiley

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @greengrass sorry for the confusion caused by this, as @Anoush has advised any calls made that would have been chargeable had your package switched as promised will be refunded once the invoice has been generated and payment has cleared.

Sorry once again for the inconvenience, if you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
greengrass
Grafter

Hello JonoH,

No problem, and thank-you for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

Thanks again for your time.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No problems @greengrass

Just get in touch if you need any further assistance and we'll be more than happy to help.

greengrass
Grafter

Thank-you BenB, it's good to know help is there when it's needed.

All the best.