cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone received a personal email yet regarding June 2017 price increases?

comm_muisc
Hooked

Anyone received a personal email yet regarding June 2017 price increases?

A customer services agent told me that emails are being sent in batches, but could not be specific.

I want to leave plusnet early without penalty, and I guess I need to just wait until I receive an email. So I wondered if anyoner else has received one.

17 REPLIES 17
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Anyone received a personal email yet regarding June 2017 price increases?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I received one last Thursday.

Tagger
Grafter

Arrived on the 28th April.  Already phoned them to tell them I'm leaving - just need to choose the new provider.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Nothing here as yet; although from other posts it appears that some PN customers have had their email.

andrewpurkis201
Grafter

had mine today

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

@comm_muisc Thank you for your post, I can confirm we began emailing customers as of 27/04/2017 and will continue to email all our customers with regards to the price increase. If you haven't received yours as of yet it should be with you shortly.

Don't hesitate to get back in contact if you need any further help

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

NO email here yet , will every one get this email 

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Anyone who's affected by this price refresh will receive an email in due course.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BertieBassett
Grafter

"Price refresh " -What a brilliant euphemism Gandalf. A priceless term for - well putting up prices. Almost worth the increase alone for that comment

lenny
Grafter

Thanks, I received my email yesterday and will be now joining idnet on the 24th of this month with no charge for leaving plusnet early 

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I received mine on Tuesday.

I feel as though Plusnet are trying to sugar coat the increase by blatantly promoting new features that I am either not interested in or that should have been part of the original package anyway.

For example, Call Protect. Nuisance calls are an issue for all telephone subscribers. The industry introduced TPS, but this is only partially effective. OFCOM should take more responsibility for the issue, and today's headlines confirm that they are active in this area. But all telephony service providers should in my opinion be supporting OFCOM in tackling the problem. Personally I use Caller Display together with an answering machine to filter my calls, which works for me.

Plusnet Mobile Mates rates - what has this got to do with the price increases. Is it the case that the mobile service can offer enhanced data and call allowances for existing customers because it is subsidised by the line rental charges? Why else would it be included in an email justifying price increases?

BT Home hotspot - offering a discount on a product which rectifies the poor wifi performance of the Plusnet supplied router. BT probably have loads to unload as their Smart Hub is much better. Again I ask, what has this got to do with line rental price increases?

BT Sport app - another example of Plusnet using email communication to send me marketing offers. It looks such a good deal, a discount of £2.50 for 12 months, does Plusnet really think I will be taken in by this?

And finally we get to the apparent purpose of the email, to inform me about price rises. First is the good news is that I can still save £30 pounds a year on line rental with LRS, but I have to read even further to find out that line rental is increasing by £1, my call package by 50p, and call setup and costs are increasing. No details on the latter, I have to visit the website for that. I guess Plusnet were not expecting me to read the message this far as I would distracted by all the 'benefits' on offer.

I'm rather disappointed that the content of the email from Plusnet appears to treat me as gullible. Please could the next price rise email (probably in February 2018 ) concentrate on the price rises and relegate the add-ons to short descriptions with links for more details, placed towards the end of the message.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Maranello, We are committed to being competitive with our prices & whilst our competitors introduced higher prices some months ago, we have held off to the last possible minute before introducing this change thus helping our customers keep their charges as low as possible. If you need any further help with this then don't hesitate to let me know. - Tony

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@TonyMC

Thanks for your prompt response. I fully accept that there are many factors why costs can increase and I am not objecting to such increases. Perhaps I should have been more concise in my post, but the issue I have is not with the increases but in the way Plusnet chose to communicate them. Your response does not appear to acknowledge this.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@TonyMC wrote:

... we have held off to the last possible minute before introducing this change ...

Funniest thing posted today anywhere in the forum. Given Plusnet traditionally raise prices in September, I don't thing a rise after some 10 months is "the last possible minute". Plus wholesale home line rental costs have been decreased yet again this year by OFCOM rulings so no price increase on line rental is really merited by ANY supplier.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT