cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone been charged for calls not made? possible issue with call divert

Fionag66

Anyone been charged for calls not made? possible issue with call divert

I have spent the last 3 weeks  trying to get to the bottom of a billing issue. The first I knew about it was an email from Plusnet saying my call credit limited was exceeded. strange I thought. Could not believe what I saw, 2 x calls from my landline to my own mobile for 8hrs and 15 mins each ! Even stranger they were consecutive to the second  and also on the wrong billing month. And the first in the middle of the night. Strange to say the least. Have hit my head against a brick wall with Plusnet and been charged over £100 for the pleasure.  Absolutely nothing on my mobile phone call log, Vodafone confirmed impossible for voicemail to record for that long . I can only thiink it is some sort of fault with call divert as I know for definite call divert was one during the period of the second call and another call shows both on Plusnet billing and my mobile during the period of the second call. I wasn't even in the building during the second call and the only other person with access is my husband and he was with me, we even have shopping receipts to prove it! Plusnet say call divert was not on but it 100% was and my mobile call log proves it.
Anyone else had similar issues?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Anyone been charged for calls not made? possible issue with call divert

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about this issue. This obviously requires some investigation.
Please bear with us and we'll pick up ticket 94592448 as soon as we can and will make sure we deal with this fairly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fionag66

Good morning Adam
Thank you for you reply and I would of course welcome a more thorough look into this most worrying issue, it is reassuring to know that someone at Plusnet is offering to look into this properly. I am sure when you look into the initial query on ticket number 93613877 anyone applying logic and common sense will see that it would be physically impossible for us to have made these two calls.  That coupled with incorrect billing period, exact same call length and concurrent calls is all too much of a coincidence. I currently have the constant worry that this may happen again for no reason and do not want to have to relive this painful and rather expensive saga. Many thanks
Fionag66

Good Afternoon Adam
How you email gave me a glimmer of hope that someone would actually properly look into this matter.  Sadly not. Waiting almost a week for a response having made a formal complaint and all I get is the same sentence with the words slightly rearranged!
Is there not a person within Plusnet that can answer the simple questions I raised almost a month ago? Or are they just avoiding these as it would open up another can of worms and prove the calls were not possible?
So I am now told I must go to OFCOm if  I want to take this further. And whilst I really had hoped that would not be the case then I jolly well will as I will not have this whitewashed over.