cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Actually Received Cheque?

sf73

Anyone Actually Received Cheque?

So it seems anyone expecting a refund is being told they’ll receive a cheque rather than a refund to the original source of payment.

Has anyone actually received one from Plusnet yet?
15 REPLIES 15
cazpro777
Grafter

Re: Anyone Actually Received Cheque?

No I haven't had a resolution or refund
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 72

Hello @sf73,  thanks for getting in touch via the forum. I can assure you processed refunds are being received. I can see we have confirmed yours here.

Hello @cazpro777, I believe we are still working on your issues and have updated your thread here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 SammyM - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Rising Star

@sf73 wrote:
So it seems anyone expecting a refund is being told they’ll receive a cheque rather than a refund to the original source of payment.

Has anyone actually received one from Plusnet yet?

Yes I have a cheque from PN covering the second debit for the anual line charge. Still some confusion on this though which I will try and resolve elsewhere.

lokikali
Hooked

I have received my cheque and quicker than I expected. I am however still getting bills, final demands and service restriction notices from plusnet - thankfully I've left so they can be ignored. Plusnet do also want me to send them my old router that I binned in May... maybe I should just send them a big old box of rocks.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 129

Hi @mechanic123, I can see there is a ticket open regarding your issues here but if we can assist further please just let us know.

@lokikali, I am sorry that you are still receiving notifications since leaving us. This looks to be now resolved but if this is not the case, please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Rising Star

How do we know issues are resolved? That's what I thought a month ago only to be presented with a demand for the full amount including the annual line rental charge. As I said above,  no use generating tickets if no-one takes any notice. Will this charge carry forward to the next bill? And does my Direct Debit now work or should I pay current charges through the member centre? No problem with that although I would prefer the DD system to work as advertised. This billing system may be new but three months is too long for the system to bed down.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 129

HI @mechanic123, I am really sorry for the issues you have faced. I can assure you that tickets are taken notice of, but often have a lead time of around 5-7 working days depending on the department it's sent to.

I've added further information here regarding your direct debit.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Rising Star

Thanks Lauren, for the further info. Hard to respond to that as the ticket was hard to find on the system and had no reply option. When/if the billing dept get back on the case, my questions are simple: what to do next? Can I get back to monthly billing for broadband fibre service only, line charges having been paid on signup?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @mechanic123,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

In answer to your question, once the issue with regards to your Line Rental Saver is resolved on your account, your monthly invoicing will resume as before, there will be no change to how you are being billed or your method of payment. This process will be automatic, so you should not have to do anything further.

Thanks.

mechanic123
Rising Star

So today I've received a bill for north of two hundred pounds! This still isn't sorted - are these billing people up to the job? No use anyone on here telling me there's nothing further to do - I just sit back and let them take the money? Tickets may have been written but are they being followed up? Not a happy PlusNet bunny!

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 64

Hi @mechanic123 ,

Thanks for your post.

I've responded to your other post on this issue found here.

As always, please let us know if you require any further assistance.

briandow50
Dabbler

No, was promised a cheque within 14 days in relation to an AUGUST refund when I changed my mind about joining PS. That was after posting on this forum two weeks ago 

Did internet chat yesterday and was specfically told a cheque had been sent. ( I have a transcript of the conversation)

Then today i get the following update

Hello Brian,

Account username: xxxxxxxx

We can't answer Question 183595935 at the moment.

We've placed it on hold until Tuesday 13th November 2018. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

*** INTERNAL ***

IMT-2535 still open. Unable to close account so unable to refund at this time.

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 13th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

That will be 3 months by then, despite being told cheque has been sent. I think I must now be at the point where I can refer this to OFCOM and certainly considering communicating with the Rip Off Britain team at the BBX to see if I can get Plusnet a mention for their unique business practices..Don't suppose Watchdog is coming back, dodgy businesses are right up their street.

Last time I had such a problem the company went into receivership.........

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @briandow50, thank you for getting back to us.

Our billing team are still working through this for you and once it is back off hold they should be able to complete the right actions to close the account and refund correctly. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@briandow50 wrote:

... and certainly considering communicating with the Rip Off Britain team at the BBX to see if I can get Plusnet a mention for their unique business practices..Don't suppose Watchdog is coming back, dodgy businesses are right up their street.

Watchdog is back on BBC1 tomorrow (Wednesday 31st October at 8 pm.) for a new series.