cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else charged for fake appointment?

FIXED
mariyandoychev

Anybody else charged for fake appointment?

Hello. I'm new to this community and i'm here not to share a good experience with plusnet. My annoying problem is that i've been charged for a fake appointment from a openreach tehnician. Long story short. On 21.11.2017 i had an appointment for a tehnician between 8:00am and 13:00pm. On the day of the appointment i didn't recieve neither one reminder call or a message as usualy all tehnicians do. My house mate took a day off and was waiting all day at the address because we where already 17 days without internet so it was number one priority for all of us living at the address.At this day and in the time slot nobody came to do the line activation. When i called plus net they surprise me with the unplesent infromation that a tehnician has been to the address at 13:10 and couldn't do his job because nobody has been there to open the door. The proof of his visit was only a picture of my front door and here it is a nice charge of 65£ for the photo he made. That was enough proof for plusnet and their "friends" from openreach to charge me and make me wait another week for that precious internet connection. Does anybody has the same experience with our fair and  care internet provider? Anybody have any ideas how can i get justice in this case? calling and complaining doesn't work i'm afraid. Thank you for your time 

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Anybody else charged for fake appointment?

If the picture was taken at 13:10 it is outside the arranged appointment time so there is no way you should have been charged. Is there any proof that this was the actual time when the engineer arrived? I would raise an official complaint with PlusNet, look on the main site for info on the Complaints procedure.

mariyandoychev

This is the information they gave me. I told them that i need more proof than a photo. May be a video clip with him knocking on the door and waiting at least a minute for somebody to open the door of course. the easiest thing is to go there, snap a photo and go. Job done. Appoinment missed. i will get paid. who cares i'm late and don't have time to do this now. I think this i s what happend. I'm writing a complaint right now and will send this in envelope just in case to not be ignored. I think thats a good story for a newspaper even. I'm not gonna pay for this. Thank you for your advice 

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @mariyandoychev

I'm sorry to hear you've been charged for the engineer appointment we made with you.

As the photo the engineer left was clearly after the agreed timeslot, I've waived the engineer charge for you now.

I hope this helps. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mariyandoychev

Thank you very much for your help. Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all.
Feel free to let me know if you ever need any further help.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet