cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another unable to make changes to account message

clivem

Another unable to make changes to account message

Our Plusnet connection has been live now for 6 days. Want to add static ip, but getting the message about an open order which is preventing me from selecting the add-on. Can someone from Plusnet please do whatever needs to be done to resolve? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Another unable to make changes to account message

Try raising a ticket Here to request this. 

(Login to your account required before clicking on that link or click on the link again after)

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @clivem,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you and for the delay in getting back to you on here. I've taken steps to fix a problem on your account now and this will take effect within the next four hours. You should be able to make changes to your account after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
clivem

Thank you!

clivem

It seems my thanks were premature......

Whatever you did to unblock my account to allow me to order the static IP, appears to have absolutely killed the speed of my connection. There is some mention on one of the notes in the ticket area, about having placed me on a "Legacy" package. I am pretty sure that before whatever you did, "Current Line Speed" in the Broadband page of the members area showed 78Mbps. Now it says, "27.6Mbps". While my connection isn't capable of 78Mbps, it does support the better part of 50Mbps. Whatever change you have made is now resulting in my getting 50% of that. I've opened a ticket, as well as posting here, but hope I get a response here first, as the last time I opened a ticket, I didn't get a response in the 7 days I waited before closing it. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @clivem 

I'm sorry to see your speed's dropped after adding a static IP. I've moved the profile on your account up to 78mbps and this will auto-adjust with time to the speed that your router's getting, in the meantime your speed won't be restricted.

Could you reboot your router to apply the new profile?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet