cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another plusnet mess

inhost
Grafter

Re: Another plusnet mess

sigh... how many times do I need to tell people it is not for a one off payment it is a pre authorisation, the same pre authorisation that will also be used to collect on my final bill which they are pre authorised and allowed to add any outstanding fee's on to which I have agreed to and agreed to reinstate should they agree to use a direct debit mandate as it was designed for to begin with and additionally only cancelled when they threatened to cut off service as a result of their own mistake.
I have also offered additional payment methods on top of that, but when a company commits fraud with your card details I do not think anyone with half a cell would disagree I am within my rights to withhold that information for use again, hey... even plusnet agreed to this.
Any other ridiculous questions that have already been covered you would like me to break down in to child sized chunks for you?
inhost
Grafter

Story so far they have not even acknowledged my willingness to pay.
They have refused to provide any explanation as to why they cannot use the direct debit system in the manner in which it was designed to operate, simply replying "I can only reiterate what my colleague said" which was simply "You need to call and pay over the phone"
They have point blank ignored the fact they claim to have made best efforts to call me stating there was no answer and no option to leave a message, I have an answer phone and work from home so that is just a complete and utter lie, they are actually using this to say they made every effort.... its just a complete pack of rubbish.
I offered to send a cheque in for payment, they did not even acknowledge this.
And now the have cut off service.... how nice of them.
This is not a friendly ISP, it is a mask on the inhuman machine that is BT.

inhost
Grafter

Finally sorted, got through to a nice guy in the end who obviously took some time to understand the situation.
Cheque will be in the post, restrictions lifted and outstanding balance after that will be paid by Direct Debit.
Thanks again (not sure if I am allowed to name the agent)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll pass your thanks on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.