cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another plusnet mess

inhost
Grafter

Another plusnet mess

They have done this in the past and when I called to pay by debit card they essentially lied to me and took the wrong amount (much more than the outstanding balance they had created) I spent about 12 hours on the phone sorting it out, I got an apology and was absolutely assured nothing like this would happen again, I informed them at that point I would never be prepared to give anyone at PN my card details over the phone again, they agreed that this was perfectly fair and reasonable.
So fair enough you cant complain too much, they admitted fault admitted it was handled badly, apologised and agreed I would never have to do this again......
Until now.
They made an error in December and did not take payment, they also did not charge the backup credit card I have on my account, I have told them that they can simply add it to the direct debit pre authorisation they have for the next bill, I am fine with that however they wont respond to that they just keep saying.... "I have to call and give them my debit card details over the phone"
I am simply not prepared to do this, they made the mistake I am not going to fix it for them by going down the same path again that they agreed I would never have to do again.
So mow they are saying they will just cut me off if I don't give them my debit card details, nice one plusnet, you have not done me proud, once again, so I just signed up with talktalk as a result.
See you in court I support, Direct Debit cancelled you wont see another penny because of your constant failures and then aggressive attitude.
33 REPLIES 33
inhost
Grafter

Re: Another plusnet mess

And now because I opened a complaint about the matter the billing team are refusing to communicate with me stating that if I continue to ask questions regarding this now I have a complaint open they will simply revoke access to the customer portal entirely..
Such nice people.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The billing team have replied to your ticket multiple times advising of how to resolve this, they closed the ticket as they were just continually having to repeat themselves.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

Chris that is simply not true.
Chris
Legend

Sorry if I've missed something on the account, but that is the impression I've reached from reading the closed ticket, and the newer ticket that has been replied to by the same person from the billing department.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

Chris, apology accepted, you did in fact get it wrong.
I have asked direct questions, got no direct answers and instead have been threatened with debt recovery despite providing a means of payment and to remove my ability to even discus it if I don't essentially shut up and do what you say.
Chris
Legend

From the ticket I've read, you've been advised that due to the way the direct debit failed we cannot resubmit a payment request to it. Also we cannot submit a payment from your card without the CSV number. This is the information given to you several times that you are choosing to not accept.
inhost
Grafter

Stop twisting this Chris, you are leaving out a VERY significant part.
Chris
Legend

Which is?
inhost
Grafter

Read it again.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Straight question: have you given them the CSV number?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
inhost
Grafter

No, this tells me you did not even bother reading the first post.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I read the first post. You have cancelled the DD. How else do you expect your bill will be paid?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

So how have you offered to pay PN ?
All you seem to do is moan about them then make it as hard as possible to enable them to resolve the issue. Reading back through your previous posts confirms this time after time.
You moan about the fact they are too busy and about the call waiting times but you have them running around in circles spending time trying to resolve your issues - in many cases your arguments are valid but you appear to do very little to help them and seem to revel in making a mountain out of a molehill.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't think any payment or resolution is expected or requested. The clue is in the first post:
See you in court