cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one being billed after leaving

TryingToLeave

Another one being billed after leaving

Why are you trying to take money off me after I've left?

Why are you impossible to contact, you're an internet company in the 21st century!. No email address, Live Chat is always unavailable, and I'm not waiting an hour on the phone to find out what's going on. I had to sign up to this forum just to try and contact you.

Wondering exactly which awards your customer service has won recently .... it used to be good, now - not so much.

I've cancelled my direct debit, either contact me to resolve this or stop hassling me. The ball is in your court, I've spent enough time on this.

9 REPLIES 9
Skimzy

Re: Another one being billed after leaving

Ditto. An utter joke for customer service. I've also cancelled d/d and not prepared to wait the standard 30min wait to speak to someone Sad
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Cancelling Direct Debits isn't the best way to go about things as Plusnet will simply place a missed payment record in your credit file and that will be there for 6 years.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Browni wrote:

... and that will be there for 6 years.

Unless you challenge it with the credit reference agency.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

What is there to challenge? The bill is either paid or unpaid.

A correction notice may be added -

A notice of correction is a note that gives further explanation of the information on your report which is not necessarily wrong, but you believe might give lenders a misleading impression of you. For example, you might want to explain that a period of missed payments was due to a redundancy or a change in family circumstances.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there.

Sorry to see your account wasn't cancelled following your migration.

I've sorted this out for you now. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Browni wrote:

Cancelling Direct Debits isn't the best way to go about things as Plusnet will simply place a missed payment record in your credit file and that will be there for 6 years.

Just an FYI here. We don't credit check customers for broadband or home phone accounts.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Gandalf  Not much point going to the trouble of credit checking since the bulk of the charges have to be paid in advance.

Skimzy

Thanks Gandalf.. It's as you suggested.. Increased charges after my 1 year contract expired. Would have been good customer service to have been reminded of increase. Another Fail another Customer left them. I've paid in full and closed my account. Good riddance. I'll be bad mouthing them to all and sundry.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think I suggested that over here?

Increased charges after my 1 year contract expired. Would have been good customer service to have been reminded of increase.

We'd advise of the cost of your broadband service will be after your contract expires in your welcome email. We don't have an option to send out reminders for this, but I'll pass your feedback on.

I've paid in full and closed my account. Good riddance. I'll be bad mouthing them to all and sundry.

Sorry to hear that Sad all the best.

EDIT: Fixed link.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet