cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another month, another incorrect bill

richm
Dabbler

Another month, another incorrect bill

Just received notification that you are about to take a direct debit of more than 3x what should be due. Enough is enough - this has been going on since October!! If I find this authorised payment is taken from my bank account, I will go berserk!

Please stop billing me until you sort out your billing system.The bill makes no sense. If this continues I will be forced to report Plusnet to the regulators.

7 REPLIES 7
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Another month, another incorrect bill

Hey @richm,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to read about the issues you have been experiencing with your billing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

After checking over your account I have updated your ongoing complaint ticket with further information. You can view it here.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding with us during this time.

richm
Dabbler

Even with the £10 discount that you promise will be manually applied, the bill is still wrong. It is just a random jumble of 4 separate packages with random amounts! If the incorrect amount is debited from my account, I will exceptionally angry.

Why not stop billing the affected customers until this mess is sorted out? Its wasting everybody's time and riling up many of your long term loyal customers.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @richm, the amounts charged are pro-rata charges for the time the package change took affect from.

I do apologise that your discounts were missing when the invoice was generated. I understand Maddy has applied a credit to the account to cover the missing discounts this month, I have also made sure the discounts are in place moving forward for any future invoices that are generated.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
richm
Dabbler

The package change happened months ago, so there should not be any pro-rata charges on the current bill.

There are 4 different line items listed on this new bill for fibre broadband - it just makes no sense.

Please, please, please stop taking direct debits from my account until this is all corrected. Once your billing system is actually working we can sort through everything and work out what is due otherwise. I have been told on several occasions that discounts are not being applied and will be fixed for next bill, but this never happens.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

It looks like the pro-rata charges are just delayed. If you scroll down to the 2nd page where it says "Your charges broken down" you should be able to see the date range for each line item showing on your invoice. 

Unfortunately we don't have an option to suspend billing on an account at request, but as per my colleagues response I believe we've resolved the problem by correctly re-applying the discounts on your account and adding a credit.

Please do let us know if things aren't correct next month though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richm
Dabbler

Im sorry, but have you actually looked at the bill?

None of the date ranges relate to charges incurred when I changed contract. All date ranges are for this year. There are four line items for broadband and fibre all for seemingly random amounts. The amount I am expecting to pay this month is the amount agreed on my contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I have and I've done some digging and I've added a reply to your support ticket 184584602 as I'm not comfortable in providing the level of detail I've gone in regarding your bill in a public space.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet