cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another missing referral problem ...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Another missing referral problem ...

Great.  Having checked my email this morning I see I've now received notification of my billing, timed at 23:38 last night.

Clicking the link provided takes me to a page with no information on it (plenty of headers and links etc. but devoid of information).  So I tried again, then copy/pasted the link, and still no joy.  That was using Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 7.

Then it occurred to me to try another browser so I pasted the link into Chrome and was finally able to see my bill.  Not impressed overall.

Maybe others have reported that viewing their bill using IE doesn't work for them either, but I haven't got time to trawl the huge thread which is stickied at the top of this forum.  I can imagine that this whole billing fiasco is causing a great deal of stress to some of those affected by it, not to mention those who are going to be short-changed by being unaware of missing referral credits.  Angry

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @RobPN

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your bill in Internet Explorer, to my knowledge there isn't a know issue with accessing the bill in this browser. However, I have fed this back to the relevant team to investigate.

As the issue you have raised regarding your referrals relates to account specific information I have responded via a ticket on your account here

Should you have any further questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Satss

Thank you for your response here and via the ticket you refer to, however I have to say that I appear to have wasted my time elaborating in my Opening Post of this thread regarding bothering to describe in detail how the referral credit which is generated on the 25th of the month correlates with my monthly bill which is also issued on the 25th.

Quoted from the ticket you raised:

I have looked into this myself and can see that the discount you raised concern with 1 x £1.25 (usually paid out on the 24th of every month) was added to your invoice generated on 25/08/18. This is confirmed by the payment of £19.74 taken for Augusts' bill, which is your monthly subscription fee of £23.49 less 3 x £1.25 referral discounts.

Where or when did I say that the referral in question is normally paid out on the 24th of the month?

What I actually said if you read my OP is that due to the referrals page being messed up by PlusNet, the referral in question was showing incorrectly as last generated / paid out on 24/08/18.  As I've said repeatedly, it is always generated on the 25th and was never generated for the 25/08/18.

As I said in my OP, the referral credit is always generated after my bill is generated and therefore appears as a credit of £1.25 later in the day (which has then obviously become the first day of the new billing period), and therefore comes off my following bill (i.e. the next months bill).  That is with the exception of this month whereby the cockup with the billing system has caused the referral generated on 25/09/18 to overtake the bill and be deducted from this months bill (also generated on 25/09/18 ) which, as a result of that happening, gives the appearance that all is well this month.  Roll_eyes

Clearly if things get back to normal by the end of my present billing period and the referral goes back to 'lagging' my bill, the bill for 25/10/18 will be lacking 1 x £1.25 referral (as it was paid out yesterday!).

Please go back to the drawing board!

Edit: bolding

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @RobPN,

I'm sorry that you feel my colleagues response was not thorough enough and apologies for any frustration caused by this. In regards to referrals you are still receiving the correct amount however credits and referrals now appear one month later on the portal, so in essence you are receiving the correct amount still just a month earlier.

I hope this clears things up for you.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Mads - Pull the other one!

Yet again I disagree!  I refer you back to my OP of this thread!

So to disprove your far-fetched tale, how come, as described in my OP, my other two referrals which are normally generated on the 11th and 13th of the month (which I explained in the OP were also showing incorrectly at the beginning of this month as last paid out on 24/08/18 ) corrected themselves on their payment dates of 11/09/18 and 13/09/18 and now show 'Last Referral Credit' dates of 11/09/18 and 13/09/18 respectively?

How many times do I have to repeat that the referral credit for 25/08/18 WAS NOT GENERATED ?

This is like banging my head against a wall!

Why is it that when PN make a cockup it takes so long to get them to admit it? Angry

What about all the other referrals credits cockups this month?

Edited for punctuation (swear words already edited before posting)

Edit 2 - typos

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Mads @Satss

My referral scheme is missing out £1.25 for this month bill 22/09/18. PN owe me £1.25 cos my best mate say he did pay by direct debit and his referral discount of £1.25 to me were missing for his last active 21/8/2018 as it didn't count on my bill date 22/09/2018. PN has paid me £6.25 on referral scheme every month before the new billing system come into force and now only paid me £5.00 on referral scheme (£1.25 are missing out but my best mate account still active) Sad

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

This month's referrals include (correctly) 2 referral payments, but omitted 3 referral payments (incorrectly).

That was on 6th September. Plusnet are "still working on" paying the outstanding £1-75.

I think they have no intention of paying that missing £1-75.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Sorry for any confusion caused@RobPN.

We would happy to take a deeper look into this for you and we will update you via the ticket my colleague raised via the account.

The team we need to speak to are closed at this moment and are back open on Monday. We will update you further at that time.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @goldenfibre

Sorry to here you are missing out on one of your referral discounts. I have had a look into your account and responded to your query, you can see this by **Clicking Here**

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

(Approval Sent on email)

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Dumbledore I can't click anything as you metion above **Clicking Here**
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@goldenfibre wrote:
... I can't click anything as you metion above **Clicking Here**

@goldenfibre 

In case you haven't realised "Clicking here" should have had a link to your "My questions" section of the user portal. Try the link I have provided.

@Dumbledore wrote:

Sorry for any confusion caused@RobPN.

We would happy to take a deeper look into this for you and we will update you via the ticket my colleague raised via the account.

The team we need to speak to are closed at this moment and are back open on Monday. We will update you further at that time.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@Dumbledore

Thank you for your reply.

However, please be assured I am not confused, I know perfectly well what has happened as explained in my previous posts, any confusion is on the part of PlusNet.  Smiley

In the meantime I've received another reply to my ticket which obviously won't be the one you're informing me about above which from your explanation I wouldn't expect before Monday.

The latest reply to the ticket demonstrates PN still do not understand what I am telling them and IMO warrants another lengthy response from me which I will try and do later today.

I will copy the latest PN response, and my reply to it, to this thread in due course in the interest of keeping the issue public, as PN are clearly taking a blinkered view and are denying these incidents have actually happened, and which they are attempting to disprove rather than properly looking into them.

Edited for punctuation

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Vilereyanrd

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have looked into this and responded via ticket on your account. You can view the details on the following link by **Clicking Here**

(Ticket Email sent for approval)

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Dumbledore there is nothing in my question , no ticket? clicking here went through to my question but nothing there about missing referral.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

@Dumbledore wrote:

@hello @Vilereyanrd

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have looked into this and responded via ticket on your account. You can view the details on the following link by **Clicking Here**

(Ticket Email sent for approval)

Well, I've looked at my email (no email) and I've looked at the ticket and at first thought there was nothing there.

1.png

The previous response (10 days earlier) said

A time frame can't be provided for a response as of yet but the relevant team will be in touch as soon as they can regarding this issue.

I'm not exactly seeing much progress here?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

So, a little later than I intended, here is the latest instalment of the saga.  Please excuse the CAPs in my post, I used them for emphasis in my reply to the ticket as bolding does not appear to be available in the ticketing system, and I've just copy/pasted everything without bothering to change them.

Xxxxxx  - CSC Analyst
7:52pm, Friday 28 Sep 2018

Dear Mr Xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us on our Community Forum.

I have thoroughly reviewed your referral discounts. I can conclude what you had been informed in the previous ticket is correct and the discounts were applied accordingly.

I can confirm that your usual, agreed monthly subscription cost is £23.49 per month. If you check your deductions on your bank account you should see that your monthly payments which you have made are £19.74 each month. 

The referrals are deducted from your invoice, prior to us sending the payment request to the bank, so this indicates that the £3.75 referral discounts have been applied. 

If you find anything we have missed we would be happy to look into those concerns. I would also advise you to try clearing cookies and cash and alternative browser.

Should you require any further information feel free to contact us through our Social Media channels or you call us on 0800 432 0200. Thank you.

** August Invoice ** 

August Invoice including referrals

August25.png

** September Invoice ** 

September Invoice including referrals

September25.png

Kind regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxx

My reply:

Please excuse CAPs which I have used for emphasis as bolding does not appear to be available in ticketing.

Thank you for your reply, but you are wrong.
YOU HAVE FAILED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID IN THE OPENING POST OF MY THREAD ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM.
Instead of blindly confirming your colleagues replies with what you THINK you know, please read the information I have provided.

I know perfectly well how the referrals system works having been in receipt of referrals of varying amounts for the past 15 YEARS!

I have NOT said that I didn't receive the correct referral value for my Invoice dated 25/08/18, in fact it was perfectly correct.

As you HAVE FAILED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND my explanation of the correlation between the referral payments generated on the 25th. of each month and my bill which is also generated on the 25th may I suggest you go back to the OP of the thread and read it slowly and try and understand what I said.

Just in case you don't understand, let me explain to you how the referral total of £3.75 for the bill dated 25/08/18 was arrived at;
£1.25 generated on 25/07/18 - YES, THAT IS CORRECT, 25/07/18 - i.e. GENERATED AFTER MY BILL OF 25/07/18
£1.25 generated on 11/08/18
£1.25 generated on 13/08/18

And yes, although my bill dated 25/09/18 was for the correct amount, arrived at by deducting 3 x £1.25 referral credits, ONE OF THEM WAS FOR THE WRONG DATE which again, if you'd bothered to try and understand what I said at Message #18 of the thread you might see what I'm getting at.

Again, let me now explain to you how the referral total of £3.75 for the bill dated 25/09/18 was arrived at;
£1.25 generated on 11/09/18
£1.25 generated on 13/09/18
£1.25 generated on 25/09/18 - BUT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE NON-EXISTENT ONE FROM 25/08/18 - i.e. GENERATED AFTER MY BILL OF 25/08/18

So, as I've already explained in Message #18 of the thread, instead of the Referral credit for the 25/09/18 LAGGING my bill of the same date (WHICH ALWAYS HAPPENS), it has been deducted due to the delay of several hours over the normal time to produce my bill.  As stated in the same Message (#18 ), clearly if things return to 'normal' by the end of my present billing period, i.e. the payment for the 25/10/18 lagging my bill of the 25/10/18, that payment on the 25/09/18 has already been paid out and instead of receiving £3.75 for the month I will receive only £2.50!

Apologies to forum readers if the formatting has changed due to copy/paste.