Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another missing referral problem ...

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Another missing referral problem ...

Hi @RobPN

Thanks for coming back to us - I can see that my colleague has raised this to our billing team for further investigation here.

We'll be in touch via that ticket as soon as we know more.

Best wishes,

Dave

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@RandallFlagg

Thanks for pointing that out as I've not received emailed notification of the ticket being updated.  Smiley

So, for anyone still following this thread I'll copy that update and my reply below.

Xxxxx Xxxxx - CSC Analyst
5:00pm, Monday 1 Oct 2018

Dear Mr Xxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for you patience.

I am sincerely sorry for the confusion caused over your referrals. I have passed this over to our billing team to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxx

Internal

Please can we look into this.

My reply:

Thank you for your response.

Just so you realise, as I stated on my Forum thread at Message #26, there is no confusion on my part which seems to be the implication; Any confusion is on Plusnets side - I hope you are coming to realise this!

I look forward to some sanity from PlusNet.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@198kHz wrote:

I fully expect £1·25 credit to be missing from my bill which is next due 10 Oct.

Credit where it's due.

Back from hols today, and in bill of 10 Oct all referrals are correct, including the missing £1·25. Smiley

Thanks PN.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

My own ticket is still open, but following the latest unbelievably useless reply from PN I haven't bothered to reply myself.  I'll try and summon the will to do so before it auto-closes.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Mine too.

Still waiting for a notification from the billing team.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I am also still waiting for the billing team's response.

What is going on, Plusnet? This whole new billing system still appears to be a chaotic mess.

My bill is was due on 7 October. I got an email on 5 October entitled “Your Line Rental Saver Payment” which advised me that my “…..October bill will be delayed by a few days”. It has still not arrived. Plusnet did confirm that the email had nothing to do with LRS.

My ticket  #182750474, opened on 18 September regarding my erroneous September bill was put on hold until 5 October, then taken off hold but there is still no substantive reply. This ticket concerned my conversation with Customer Services on 9 September regarding the missing referral credits on my 7 September bill. At that time, CS tasked the billing team to investigate, but seemingly failed to raise the task properly hence the ticket. Therefore, in total, I have been waiting for over a month for a response.

I note that the referral credits do appear to have caught up on the “Current Referrals” page on my Member Centre, but, as my October bill has yet to appear (now over a week late) and as I have no substantive reply to the ticket (10 days since taken off hold), I do not know if this issue is resolved.

I do not want another problem to appear as Plusnet now seem incapable of presenting my latest bill. I do not want to be chased for non payment when there has been no bill presented for payment.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If its any consolation My September bill was wrong (still waiting for a correction) but my October bill had the referrals correct.

But I'm still waiting for referrals not paid in early September.

I wonder if this magic billing team has a phone number?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @jgb

I have provided you with an update on this months invoice via a ticket here

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Satss

Thank you for the update via a ticket. I assume that the email that the Billing department say they sent was the one I did receive which was misleadingly entitled "Your Line Rental Saver payment". This did indeed say that my October bill would be delayed by a few days but gave no further information.

My LRS is due for renewal before my November billing date and so, assuming I do choose to renew it, I do hope this issue will not interfere with doing so.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @198kHz ,

That's excellent news, we're glad it was sorted for you.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Hi @jgb , as Line Rental Saver is a one off payment, you shouldn't have any difficulty at all with your renewal.

Please let us know if you need any further information on this.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

After noticing @Gandalf getting involved in another referrals thread, I mentioned that as we can normally rely on him to read things thoroughly and get things sorted, I would tag him here, so here's hoping!

Well I finally got around to wasting yet more of my valuable time to reply to PNs latest addition to my ticket - which was an epic fail - and I note again the use of the word 'confusion' .

After seeing a few other customers comments about their missing referrals turning up I guess there's always a chance mine will do the same, but I have my doubts.  I also note that other customers still seem to be missing some of their referrals.

In the meantime here's the continuation of my ticket;

Xxxxx Xxxxx - CSC Analyst
4:33pm, Thursday 4 Oct 2018

Dear Mr Xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your patience.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused by the current issue you are experiencing at the moment. I have looked over the account and hopefully I have got the right conclusion. I believe the main issue to be a discount generating earlier than it should and this meaning the bill for October will be £1.25 greater than it should be?

If this is the case due to the ongoing confusion with this we can put a credit of this balance on there to bring the bill down to the usual amount of £19.74.

Kind regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxx

My reply;

Your Response
11:37am, Tuesday 16 Oct 2018

Apologies for my delayed response, but I have had to summon the will to bother to reply due to the ineptitude shown by PN so far in this matter.

I really despair at the level of understanding of this issue being demonstrated by PlusNet, and cannot believe that you have 'looked over' my account as you claim. You have clearly not read or understood the detailed description I have given in the Community forum thread of what has happened.

Your latest reply is full of assumptions and inaccuracies which clearly prove that you are not reading the facts I have provided, or even reading the correct dates from your own system.

You have stated you believe you have come to the right conclusion, but I have to tell you that you are completely wrong.

***You are wrong in your reference to a referral payment of the 24th - no such referral exists, although as I've now stated several times, there is one due on the 25th. I fail to see how you can confuse the two dates.

Nowhere have I stated that a referral was paid out early. What you may be confusing this with is the fact that I stated that due to the problems with the new billing system, my bill for 25/09/18 was produced later in the day than normal, and as a consequence included a deduction of the referral payment for the same day (25th), whereas the referral for the 25th normally appears after my bill is produced and sits there waiting to be deducted from the following months bill (as I've already explained).

Because of that, it gave the appearance that my bill for 25/09/18 was produced correctly, when in fact it was not.

This is getting tedious PlusNet, so I will just repeat what this thread is about;
THE REFERRAL PAYMENT FOR £1.25 DUE TO BE GENERATED ON 25/08/18 WAS EITHER NOT GENERATED OR IS SITTING IN LIMBO SOMEWHERE IN YOUR BILLING SYSTEM!

***Edited for clarity;  The reference to PN referring to a non-existent referral payment for the 24th was made by the CSC agent in the opening post of the ticket.  Apologies if my reply gave the impression that it was aimed at the latest CSC agent to respond - it was aimed at PlusNets combined reply.

Paulh2168
Dabbler

I had an issue with this where I referred two people last year but, even after the two people were up & running on PN, PN denied one person & only gave me the discount for the one referral!
Even though I had an internal email from them stating I had referred 2 & to deduct off my bills etc, but, they wouldn't have any of it!!
So, after speaking to many PN staff & getting absolutely nowhere, I finally lost the plot with them after my bill increased by over £12 this month for nothing extra!!!!
So I've now transferred to Vodafone broadband with a guaranteed 76meg broadband speed for £7 less per month than I was paying these clowns for 38meg!!
If people decide they've actually had enough of being treated this way & leave for better deals that are obviously out there if you search, they'll either wake up & employ people who actually know what they're doing or, they'll go bust pretty quickly. Going off my experience, I think it will most definitely be the latter!!!!
I'm off to a good supplier that you can actually ring, you know, the old fashioned way, talk to a human who speaks English that you can actually understand etc!
Good luck to those who stay with Plusnet, "We'll do you Proud" I very much doubt that!!!.........
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@RobPN, I've spent the best part of 45 minutes looking into this and I'm sorry if I've misunderstood something somewhere, but from what I can see your referrals are showing as correct now and you've been paid correctly too. Could you let me know if you have any issues with the referral credits not being deducted from your bill next month and/or if I've missed something.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Thanks for looking at this @Gandalf

Unfortunately, even though my referrals now appear to be updating correctly on the 'Current Referrals' page, I certainly do still have an issue with this.

As explained, the referral for 25/08/18 has not been paid out - it should have been deducted from my bill issued 25/09/18.

Although that bill issued on 25/09/18 was for the normal amount of £19.74, it only appeared to be correct because of the abnormal delay in producing it (normally issued between just after midnight and around 6:00am - this time issued around 23:38 according to the email received).

That delay allowed the referral issued 25/09/18 to be generated and deducted from it, whereas the referral generated on the 25th is always normally generated after my bill is issued, and in this case would be due to be deducted from my bill of 25/10/18.

So, under normal circumstances on the day before my bill is issued, i.e. on the evening of 24th, my 'Current Referrals' would be showing as £3.75 which would then be deducted from the bill a few hours later.  It would then obviously show £0.00

Then at some point after my bill is issued, i.e. on the same day, the referral for the 25th. is generated, thus showing as £1.25 under 'Current Referrals'.  As explained, that referral normally then sits there for the remainder of the month until the next bill is produced a month later. Again, under normal circumstances at this time of the month, my 'Current Referrals' would now be showing as £3.75 comprised of 3 x £1.25, generated 25/09, 11/10 and 13/10.  You will be able to see for yourself this is not the case as only £2.50 is showing.

As I've said, the bill for the 25/09/18 gave the impression of being correct for the reasons given above.  If there is again a delay next billing date (25/10/18 ) such that the bill is produced later in the day than under previous 'normal' circumstances, then that will probably again allow the referral payment generated on the same date to be deducted in advance of what has always happened in the past, thus again giving the false impression that all is well, when I know full well that it's not!

In the event that the new billing system has actually been designed to generate the bill as late as it did (perhaps to include any referrals generated the same day?), then this situation will be in a state of perpetuity, and the bill will appear to always be correct when in fact it's not!

Either way, the referral for 25/08/18 has not been paid out, and I doubt it ever will be without some sort of manual intervention.

I've done my best to re-explain this @Gandalf but if you still can't get your head around it perhaps you'd care to telephone me at the contact number on my account, although I'm sure that won't be necessary.  Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

You free for a call today?

If so could you advise a rough timeframe give or take around 15 minutes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet