Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another missing referral problem ...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Another missing referral problem ...

Apologies for the longish post but I felt it necessary to try and explain my situation as clearly as possible.

First of all I'd like to state that I'm fairly certain I didn't receive any email notification of the new billing system going live, and checking my closed tickets seems to confirm this (I presume there would be a record there of any service related email sent to me by PN), although I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

The implication of this is that I wasn't aware of the fact that all historical billing records were being removed, which in my case amounted to 16 years worth of transactions, even including 'installation costs', and therefore I missed the opportunity to download them.

About 3 weeks ago after reading about billing / referrals payments problems experienced by others I decided to check my own account status regarding these matters and I was disappointed to see some anomalies.  I decided to leave things for a while to see if they straightened themselves out which does seem to have partially happened.

My billing date is the 25th and I presently have 3 'live' referrals each of which pay out on 2 components of different flavours of 'Broadband' and 'Telephone', amounting to 3 x £1.25 per month.

When I first looked, according to the dates in the 'Last Referral Credit' column, the payment dates for those referrals which should be (and always have been) on 25th., 11th., and 13th., had all been changed to the 24th.

When I looked again yesterday the two which have payment dates of 11th and 13th were now correctly listed and their values had been added to my 'Referral Credit' for this month thus showing £2.50 earned, pending being deducted from my bill on 25th.

I don't know the workings of what has happened but those two payments seem to have corrected themselves, maybe when they reached their natural payment dates.

Because my Bill date is the 25th. the referral payment due on the 25th is normally credited after my bill notification has been issued, and then normally shows later in the day under 'Referral Credit' as £1.25 as it is now the start of the next billing month for me.

What I'm concerned about is the referral payment which has always been due on the 25th. which as stated above is showing incorrectly as last paid on 24/08/18 and by rights should have paid out on 25/08/18 (after my bill being issued) and already been added to this months total 'Referral Credit'.  This IMO will clearly not right itself like the other two payments appear to have done as the payment date (25/08/18 ) has already passed.   Huh

Something which may or may not be relevant is that the 'due 25th' payment was not credited on my May bill, but corrected itself on that occasion by paying out twice for the June bill.

51 REPLIES 51
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Another missing referral problem ...

I've had pretty much the same this month.

My billing date is 10th of the month, and one of my four referrals is 9th of the month.

Due to the recent billing system problems, the latest statement appeared on 12th, minus the referral due on 9th. On the referral credit summary page, the 'value' column has the same amount as the 'total' column!

Like you, I thought that it'll never "catch up", but when I phoned in I was assured that it will, next month. We shall see...

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@198kHz wrote:

... On the referral credit summary page, the 'value' column has the same amount as the 'total' column!

Like you, I thought that it'll never "catch up", but when I phoned in I was assured that it will, next month. We shall see...

My referrals summary page seems to be OK regarding totals etc. even for the referral which is showing the incorrect 'Last Referral Credit' date which was not the case when I checked about three weeks ago.  ISTR the totals were all zeroed, as was the running total in the 'So far you've earned ...' box.

As you say, maybe things will catch up next month, but I suspect some intervention will probably be needed.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Odds 50-50 I'd say.  Undecided

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

I'll wait and see what happens next week and post back here.

As I see it, for the system to 'correct itself', it'll have to credit me with the missing £1.25 referral on the 24th., and then to get things back on a normal footing, credit another £1.25 on the 25th. (which usually happens after my billing notification has been issued earlier on that date).

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @RobPN

Please keep us up to date in what occurs regarding your referral discounts and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with the previous billing information being removed due to the update.

I know you a regular user on our Forum, if you want anyone of us to dwell into the matter further for you, feel free to ask.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Dumbledore

Thanks for your reply, but I take it you're not going to venture as far as a prediction of what is likely to / should happen?  Wink

I'll be posting back here with the outcome after my billing date has passed.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

They posted a ticket sometime ago.

Screenshot--2018-09-20 21-14-06.png

Also my referrals have now been corrected.

BUT, am I really expecting to see some credits for the missed referrals on 6th September?

It would be a glorious story in the annals of Plusnet accounts if it ever happens! Funny

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@VileReynard

Is that a personal ticket to yourself that you've pasted above?

If so, I note that although you've blocked the PN CSC and your own name, you've left your email address on view.  Wink

VileReynard
Hero

Thanks - I noticed, but couldn't be bothered to fix it. Smiley

Since its not my primary email address and its an image, a person would have the tedious job of transcribing it if they want to spam me.

I feel safe from OCR...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@VileReynard

Fair enough, but it wouldn't stop mischief makers or the curious ... speaking of which, are your initials 'AB'?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @VileReynard,

I am really sorry about the issues you have experienced with your referrals.

I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

VileReynard
Hero

@RobPN wrote:

@VileReynard

Fair enough, but it wouldn't stop mischief makers or the curious ... speaking of which, are your initials 'AB'?

My son has initials AB, mine are JB... Grin

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Crazy3  I see from this forum and my own experience that there have been further failures today of the PN referrals and billing webpages.

Yesterday (24 Sept.) I checked my 'Current Referrals' page to see if the missing £1.25 referral which should have been credited on 25 August had automagically added itself to my total in time for billing today (25th), but no change there, and it was still showing incorrectly as last paid out on 24 August.

Today (25th) is my billing day and whereas I normally receive my emailed direct debit notifications of the bill and referral amounts quite early in the day, so far today that hasn't happened.

What has happened though is that due to the delay in issuing my bill, the next referral value for the referred account that I'm writing about has been credited to my referrals total for this month  prior to my bill notification, however this is the one which will be due for my referral receiving his bill for 25/09/18 which I would normally receive after my own bill is issued, if you get my drift (as explained earlier in the thread in my OP).  Therefore the referral payment due 25/08/18 has been skipped.

Phew!  What a lot of bother sorting out a missing £1.25 due to PlusNets cockup!  I wish I was being compensated for my time!

Edit:  I forgot to mention that the referrals page has updated to show that the referral in question last paid out on 25/09/18 (today), but I'm still missing the 25/08/18 payment of course.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@RobPN wrote:

the referrals page has updated to show that the referral in question last paid out on 25/09/18 (today), but I'm still missing the 25/08/18 payment of course.

Now why does that not surprise me. Roll_eyes

I fully expect £1·25 credit to be missing from my bill which is next due 10 Oct.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)